Depends on experience
Detachering via YER
Medical & Health
Over deze vacature
This is a long-term opportunity at Philips Digital Pathology, near Eindhoven. Starting date is as soon as possible!
The System engineer is a specialist in his field. The System engineer contributes to the technical product support and Deployment of the Philips Digital Pathology Solutions (PDPS) installations. This solution is built on an IT platform which supports hundreds medical specialists. He/she is able to advice in presales activities the sales team with advanced technical knowledge, is able to support the solutions during and after deployment with advanced support.
- Gaining in depth knowledge of Image Management System and other IT products delivered by Digital Pathology;
- 3rd line system support engineer on IT HW/SW systems;
- Teaming up with IT platform development;
- Participating in Innovation projects in the role of Service Innovation Engineer to ensure Service & Implementation;
- Documenting and communicating product features and technical specifications;
- Developing training, workshops and other knowledge sharing activities;
- Organizing and executing test and verification activities to release new IT platforms/systems;
- Determining the service requirements of HW/SW modules and - interfaces in close consultation with the System Architect;
- Supports Customer Service & Implementation Managers during installation of products and troubleshooting of technical issues at customer locations;
- Keeping up to date with new technology developments and investigates how these new technologies can be used in the existing product line.
The Philips Digital Pathology Solutions (PDPS) venture started on 1 May 2007 and is part of Philips Healthcare. The venture is establishing a worldwide business for total digital pathology solutions encompassing an Ultra Fast scanner for microscope tissue slides, a pathology Image Management System and several disease specific (mostly for cancer types) computer assisted detection (CAD) solutions. The venture aims at leveraging multiple Philips assets and capabilities (brand, market channel, technology) for establishing the total solution and being the 1st to market to establish a dominant market position. The market launch of the first solutions was in 2011. The venture is now expanding in in US, Europa and Asia. Our mission: In a world with increasing challenges for cancer diagnostic procedures and quality of patient care we want to be number one in empowering pathologists with digital pathology solutions so their expertise is supported by the best scanners, Image Management System, workflow and image analytics solutions available. This helps them work more effectively, leading to higher quality diagnosis and as a result better patient care. As a Professional Service Consultant you will report directly to the Service Innovation Manager.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to Philips. After two years, you may be offered a contract to work for Philips directly.
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model);
- Challenging assignments;
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach;
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance);
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven;
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture;
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals;
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies.
Must have requirements:
- Deep understanding of IT technologies (Servers, Virtualization, Cloud technologies, Storage and system management technologies);
- At least a Bachelor degree in ICT Engineering or Computer Science;
- At least 5 years’ experience in the IT industry/digitally enabled medical and/or Computer IT product development/engineering;
- Experienced in implementing and managing big IT systems;
- Willing to travel (10%);
- Excellent written and verbal (technical) communication in the English language and interpersonal skills.
Nice to have requirements:
- At least 5 years’ experience as a System Engineer or IT Support Engineer;
- Strong IT development and design capabilities;
- Problem Solving and decisive;
- Understanding of Standards in Medical World. For example: Dicom, HL7, IHE etc.