€ 70,000 - € 125,000
Quality & Safety
In dienst van opdrachtgever
Over deze vacature
As the Head of HSSE you will be reporting directly to the Managing Director of APM Terminals Maasvlakte II B.V.. You will also be working closely with the senior management team to shape, agree and implement a HSSE strategy, fully integrated into all business and operation processes and supported by a competent customer focused team which embraces and promotes a positive health and safety culture. This is a position of significant importance and is there to provide assurance that risk is effectively managed through delivery of operations with an equally excellent approach to safety, security, reliability and quality.
As the Head of HSSE you will be responsible for:
- Interpret the high level AMPT HSSE strategy in order to co-create a HSSE vision and strategy with the Senior Management Team, considering the regulatory framework, risk profile, compliance level and business drivers across APM Terminals Maasvlakte II B.V.;
- Empower and enable Operational team members to have day to day responsibility for HSSE whilst understanding and managing the implications of change on HSQE risk;
- Ensuring that all HSSE improvement activities reflect latest legislation and best practice and are effectively embedded within the organisation;
- Develop and implement assurance programs, including deep dives; audits and inspections to assure the level of HSSE engagement, compliance and senior management commitment.
- Influence and support Senior Managers and personnel to ensure the continued development of HSSE culture and operating best practices through the embedding HSSE strategic elements in business unit operating and resourcing plans;
- Provide technical expertise, strategic leadership, and support across the Senior Management Team.
High Performing Team
- Inspire and lead the HSSE Improvement team to deliver through a business partnering model the HSSE vision and strategy whilst role modelling a values-led risk model approach.
Lead the relationships between the Business and APMT HSSE MVII to:
- Represent and protect business interests through negotiation, challenge and influence;
- Advise the business in a timely manner on all HSSE legislative and best practice developments.
Maasvlakte II opened in 2015 and remains the world’s most advanced fully automated terminal, and equipped to handle the largest container ships way into the future. In 2019, the addition of two Super Quay Cranes and ongoing efficiency improvements will increase volume capacity by more than 20%.
The use of green energy and fully electrified equipment made it the world’s first zero emission terminal for CO2, NOx and particulate emissions. With fully fenced-off automated areas, separating men and machines, it is also one of the safest. This makes APM Terminals Maasvlakte II one of the most innovative terminals in the world. More than 500 employees are employed within the organization.
- Directly employed by APM Terminals;
- A challenging position at one of the most innovative container terminals in the world;
- The opportunity to contribute to the success of APM Terminals Maasvlakte II;
- The opportunity to develop further, personally and professionally;
- The possibility to be part of a close, professional and strongly involved team;
- In this role you will participate in the management team of APM Terminals Maasvlakte II B.V..
Required skills and qualifications
- Experience in health and safety at a senior level with a proven track record in the delivery of business objectives;
- An advanced health and safety qualification such as the NEBOSH National Diploma (or equivalent);
- Experience of leading and managing teams;
- Experience of being a key decision maker;
- Strong leadership skills;
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills;
- A demonstration of continued professional development within health and safety.
- Fluent in Dutch and English language.