Max. € 70,000
Detachering via YER
Over deze vacature
Do you have an engineering/development background with affinity to deliver quality products from solid and qualified processes? Do you want to use and expand your entrepreneur skills to motivate our supply base? We offer you a multi-disciplined job in the heart of the automotive industry!
In this role you’re working in the supplier development team in the purchase department. You continuously encourage and motivate our supply base to evaluate and implement new state-of-art production technologies and achieve best-in-class performance on several disciplines (technical, quality, delivery, commercial etc.).
Your technical knowledge, process expertise and lean / six sigma principles helps you to collaboratively set up, approve and continuously improve the existing suppliers processes.
By your activities we build the fundaments for steady turbocharger production and continuously align our supply base with our customer’s expectations.
With your technical knowledge you will be further coached to become a process expert in one of the following commodities: turbine housing (iron casting and machining), compressor housing (aluminum casting and machining), actuator and electronic components, stamping & forging or plastic molding & small components.
The suppliers are based all over the world. You are in daily contact with them and have regular visits to their plants. That’s how you lead development of processes, sign-off of processes and manage non-conformities to ensure timely mitigation of process design and manufacturing. You also function as initiator in the event a product design change is required.
It’s imperative that you:
- Take lead by strong interaction with Purchase, Engineering, Production and Quality for all supplier development, sign off and continuous improvement activities;
- Safeguard process capability for mass production at SOP compliant to IATF16949 / VDA6.3 and/or customer requirements.
Our client is a global player in the field of turbochargers for the automotive industry. Did you know that they have a 20% market share in Europe? That means that 1 out of 5 cars in Europe are fitted with a turbo that was made in this plant. For automotive to be able to contribute to global climate objectives, downsizing (a smaller engine with greater power, possibly hybrid) is necessary. Using a turbocharger is the best way to make this technically possible.
You will be working with a team of international colleagues in which you can be sure of a healthy work-life balance. We will also reward your effort and achievements with an attractive salary and fringe benefits. A quick summary of our terms of employment:
- Fixed, competitive fixed salary commensurate with knowledge and experience;
- 24 days paid holiday and 8% holiday allowance;
- Travel expense reimbursement or leased vehicle;
- Good pension scheme;
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time;
- Continuous challenging projects in the technology sector;
- Intensive and personal guidance;
- Opportunity to participate in a personal coaching programme;
- Inspiring master classes;
- Specialised training courses or a complete training programme.
What do you bring to the team?
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in (Production) Engineering or Manufacturing;
- Strong automotive Supplier Development background with IATF16949 and VDA experience and a strong technical background;
- Experience in handling tense situations and create win-win solutions;
- Experience in Production Engineering with Assembly, Casting and or CNC machining, Project Management experience.
In terms of personality, you are decisive, independent and a great communicator and motivator. Your English language has to be fluent. You show leadership and influence over suppliers while securing excellent relationship at all time. Internally, you are able to lead improvement programs and share experience and knowledge with your colleagues. This position requires 20 to 40% business travel, mostly within Europe.