Depending on knowledge and experience
Detachering via YER
Over deze vacature
Are you an experienced engineer with strong theoretical knowledge of engines and how to make them more fuel-efficient and environmental friendly? Then this can be your ideal opportunity!
- Analyze current and future powertrain performance such as engine fuel efficiency, in-engine energy flows and engine/aftertreatment emission robustness;
- Perform analyses based on existing measurement data;
- Initiate and carry out dedicated tests;
- Report and present the results.
- Based on the analyses, provide suggestions for improvement;
- Align with stakeholders and explain barriers;
- Provide solutions for technological barriers.
- Optimize and develop analyses- and calculation techniques;
- Align with the Engine Test Center which new measurement techniques should be investigated to enable new analyses;
- Develop new analysis techniques and tools, and make available for the EI&V department.
DAF Trucks N.V. is a technology company and the premier commercial vehicle manufacturer in Europe. DAF is a wholly-owned subsidiary of PACCAR Inc, the worldwide quality leader in the design and manufacturing of premium light, medium and heavy-duty commercial vehicles. DAF Trucks also designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines, provides financial services and information technology and distributes truck parts related to its principal business.
Within PACCAR Inc. DAF is the center of competence for engine development. In our state-of-the-art engine development center we develop engine families for current and future regulations. Our engines and trucks are best-of-class products in the European and American transportation world. We are driven to provide environmentally-friendly products that are cost-effective and highly reliable for our customers. As a global technology leader in the design, manufacturing and customer support of high-quality premium trucks we offer multiple opportunities to contribute to our success in a multi-disciplinary team.
The Engine Integration & Validation department is amongst others responsible for integration of the engine and after treatment into an optimized system working together with all types of vehicles. This integrated system should have excellent fuel efficiency and robust emission performance. We are currently looking for an engineer who is able to deep-dive in several questions in the field of engine performance in the broadest sense of the word. The goal is to increase understanding of the current barriers with regard to fuel efficiency, drive-ability, transient performance etc. and to improve it where possible.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client DAF Trucks. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience;
- 25 free to spend holidays per year;
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organization;
- Travel expense reimbursement or leased vehicle;
- Good pension scheme;
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time;
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life;
- An open culture and clear communication;
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions.
For this position, we are looking for someone with the following knowledge and/ or experience:
- Master’s degree in Automotive Technology, Mechanical Engineering with proven affinity with diesel engines and/or heavy duty powertrains;
- Experience with engine development;
- Experience with working in multidisciplinary teams is preferable;
- Experience with Matlab;
- Experience with Concerto is preferable.
And who possesses the following comperences:
- Attention to details;
- Analytical capacity;
- Result orientation.