Depending on knowledge and experience
Detachering via YER
Over deze vacature
Do you want to play a key role in developing the next generation diesel engines with emphasis on the on-board diagnostics (OBD) systems? Then this can be your ideal new job opportunity!
OBD is a precision-based technology embedded into PACCAR’s world-class diesel engines. It’s a digital communication system that provides a real-time snapshot of Engine and Aftertreatment performance to aid service technicians during repair. On-Board Diagnostics is about making a global impact while examining the tradeoffs between certification and robustness.
The activities in this position consist of:
- Calibration of OBD functions related to component diagnostics like sensors and actuators on our engine and aftertreatment system;
Monitor interaction between different calibration and design teams for involved components;
- Provide input to and support design, verification and validation process on engine and vehicle level;
- Support field data analysis for statistical analysis of OBD calibrations;
- Development of tools to control, maintain and optimize calibration processes (Simulations/HIL) and documentation.
As OBD Calibration Engineer you will report to the Engineering Supervisor OBD & Legislation.
DAF Trucks N.V. is a technology company and the premier commercial vehicle manufacturer in Europe. DAF is a wholly-owned subsidiary of PACCAR Inc, the worldwide quality leader in the design and manufacturing of premium light, medium and heavy-duty commercial vehicles. DAF Trucks also designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines, provides financial services and information technology and distributes truck parts related to its principal business.
DAF Trucks N.V. in Eindhoven is part of the PACCAR Inc. which is one of the biggest global players in the heavy duty truck industry. The known truck brands of PACCAR are Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF. Within the PACCAR Inc. DAF engine development is the center of competence for engine development. In our state-of-art engine development center we develop engine families for the future regulations. Our engines and trucks are best of class products in the transportation world being always driven by providing environmentally friendly products with best cost-effectiveness and highest reliability for our customers. As a globally working company we do offer optimal opportunities to contribute to our success in a multicultural team.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client DAF Trucks. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience;
- 25 free to spend holidays per year;
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organization;
- Travel expense reimbursement or leased vehicle;
- Good pension scheme;
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time;
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life;
- An open culture and clear communication;
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions.
- Bachelor or Master degree on mechanical engineering with specialization on internal combustion engines;
- Knowledge or interest in OBD regulation and OBD systems;
- Good Matlab/Simulink & MS-Office skills are mandatory;
- Good English skills are mandatory combined with willingness to learn Dutch;
- Ability to become quickly acquainted to complex and abstract issues;
- Structured working approach combined with pleasure to work in teams;
- Enthusiasm to deal with complex systems and to take much pleasure in development of solutions for complex technical problems;
- Be willing to support vehicle test trials in dedicated conditions.