Depending on knowledge and experience
Detachering via YER
Over deze vacature
Are you an engineer with thorough knowledge of engines and powertrains who wants to make a step to a responsible position within an innovative, growing company? Then this might be your ideal position!
In this function you report to the Supervisor of the Base Engine group and Project lead engineer of the dedicated project team. The Project Team is responsible for coordinating the development of new innovative concepts for next generation powertrain platform.
In this team you have a variety of responsibilities:
- In cooperation with the Project design group, internal stakeholders and external suppliers you have a key role coordinating the development activities of new or existing constructions for the Base Engine platforms by market wishes and/or technical reasons;
- Your focus is functionality, reliability, quality, robustness, manufacturability. You are leading in technical know-how, solution validation program and defining this together with mechanical experts, the CAE and engine test department;
- You work closely together with EU and NA partners to quickly analyze and validate proposals;
- Working method: Working according Six Sigma techniques, Automotive SPICE and Agile project management.
DAF Trucks N.V. is a technology company and the premier commercial vehicle manufacturer in Europe. DAF is a wholly-owned subsidiary of PACCAR Inc, the worldwide quality leader in the design and manufacturing of premium light, medium and heavy-duty commercial vehicles. DAF Trucks also designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines, provides financial services and information technology and distributes truck parts related to its principal business.
The department Engine Hardware & Design is responsible for the development of new hardware powertrain concepts and maintaining the in-production engine families. Our engines and trucks are best in class products in the transportation world being always driven by providing environmentally friendly products with best cost-effectiveness and highest reliability for our customers.
The department is split in 5 groups: Base Engine, Engine CAE, Fuel Injection & Turbo, Engine Auxiliaries and Engine After-Treatment.
For the Base Engine group we have an open position for an Powertrain Development Engineer.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client DAF Trucks. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience;
- 25 free to spend holidays per year;
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organization;
- Travel expense reimbursement or leased vehicle;
- Good pension scheme;
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time;
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life;
- An open culture and clear communication;
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions.
- Bachelor or master degree in Mechanical or Engine engineering;
- 3-5 years of relevant experience;
- PTC Creo & Windchill CAD skills or the ability to learn these tools;
- The ability to coordinate and time monitoring of work packages within a multidisciplinary team;
- Capable of fast in depth expertise knowledge built-up;
- Engine component and system knowledge;
- Design for Six Sigma, Automotive SPICE and problem solving skills;
- Being able to analyze complex sets of data.
- Strong & clear communication skills [in both verbal as presentation wise];
- Good organizational skills;
- Used to handle multiple problem projects, you can handle the resulting stress;
- Experience with working in development projects and simultaneous engineering teams;
- Automotive [Engine Hardware] and Hybrid Technology knowledge is a pre.