Detachering via YER
Consultancy & HR
Over deze vacature
Challenging assignment at one of the most high-tech companies in the world.
Can you independently function as the IT Machine Data architect creating, maintaining and improving the target architecture on Big Data & Advanced Analytics, specifically Machine Data on our Central Data Lake?
If “yes” then we want to talk to you!
The Machine Data architect is shaping the target architecture for incoming machine-data on ASML’s Central Data Lake within the overall big data architecture and ensuring adherence to this architecture within the organization. The Machine Data especially focusses on the Hadoop platform and peripheral systems like Jupyter Hub/Notebook, Confluent Kafka and Kubernetes to support data-scientists, data-analysts and standard reporting users in their activities.
You are responsible for creating, maintaining and improving the Machine Data architecture for ASML’s Central Data Lake. For this we are looking for candidates with 10 years plus total experience of which at least three years in (domain-) architecture. Experienced in working in and for development teams, using agile techniques. As architect you will be setting guidelines/solution intents for big data development teams, create and discuss designs with business architects and developers.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Bachelor+ level or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10+ years of experience in relevant business and/or IT roles
- Architectural frameworks like TOGAF and describing architecture with Archimate
- Big Data Hadoop architect with software engineering background
- Experience with architecting Hadoop distributions, preferably Cloudera
- Object Storage Knowledge (S3)
- Container Application knowledge (Docker/Kubernetes)
- Jupyter Notebook/Jupyter HUB knowledge
- Bachelor Degree in Computer/Information Sciences
- Excellent English language skills
- Good customer focus and customer facing skills
- Taking and driving ownership
- Shows initiative and problem solving attitude
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Work independently
- Excellent presentation and communication skills and proficiency in the English language