In dienst van opdrachtgever
Transportation & Logistics
Over deze vacature
The ideal opportunity for a self independent auditor (with business experience) to join a wordclass global provider and explore the world (40% travelling).
- Reporting to the Head of Operational Audit (in London), the role requires a strong, experienced, confident, efficient, self-motivated individual, who is a capable communicator (both verbally and written) with the ability to influence people at all levels within the business.
- The role will be highly visible across all parts of the organisation.
- As an experienced individual, successful candidates will be expected to "hit the road running" and to have the confidence to plan and execute audit assignments with little supervision, including leading both the opening and closing audit meetings.
- Travel is significant, around 40%, and will be truly global, including Europe (e.g. Netherlands, UK), USA, South America (e.g. Brazil, Argentina), Asia-Pacific (e.g. China, Philippines, Australia/NZ, Japan, S. Korea, Taiwan, India) and the Middle-East.
- We would prefer candidates who relish the opportunity afforded by global travel to experience different locations and cultures.
- Most assignments tend to require 2 weeks of fieldwork, usually as part of a 2-person team, but single person/single week assignments also occur.
- If travel is short-haul, auditors may return home for middle weekends, although this is not economical for long-haul destinations.
- Back-to-back assignments are avoided.
- Ensuring that the function is seen as influential, commercially driven and adding value to operations throughout the world.
- Planning and performing both financial/operational reviews at the Group’s international operations, using a risk-based approach.
- Preparing of value-added reports, incorporating recommendations and management actions, for submission to senior management and the Group’s Audit Committee.
- Contributing to the compilation of the annual audit plan and development of the audit programme.
Stolt-Nielsen Limited is a leading global provider of integrated transportation, storage and distribution solutions for chemicals and other bulk-liquid products, delivered through its three largest operating units: Stolt Tankers, Stolthaven Terminals and Stolt Tank Containers.
Founded in 1959, the businesses of Stolt-Nielsen Limited are recognised for their sustained focus on innovation, quality, safety and service.
SNL employs 6,000 staff across 30 countries and is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange (Oslo Børs: SNI).
Next to exellent benefits this challenge gives an ambitious individual the opportunity to join an international leader and to explore the world!
- Candidates will be Graduate Qualified Accountants with around 5yrs post-qualification experience, with the post-qualification period including at least one year of commercial/line finance experience.
- Fluency, both reading and writing, in English is a requirement; additional languages, particularly Spanish, Portuguese; Mandarin would be an advantage.
- Successful candidates will demonstrate potential beyond audit and should expect to be no more than 3 years in this role to grow within the company – which is the reason that this role has now become available.