€ 50,000 - € 60,000
Detachering via YER
Over deze vacature
Are you the hands-on data engineer that can implement and maintain complex Big Data architectures? Are you able to apply the cutting-edge technologies and tools to build Big Data pipelines? Do you have the drive to exceed customer expectations? Then read on!
As a Data Engineer, you will apply the latest technologies and tools to implement complex Big Data platform architectures and pipelines. You shall be working closely with domain/technical experts, platform architects, IT specialists, software developers, data scientists and analysts to drive successful implementation and maintenance of complex software solutions. On top of your profound technical capabilities, your success will strongly dependent on your interpersonal skills and your ability to communicate across disciplines.
You will be working in a multidisciplinary team of data scientists, physicists, computer scientists, and system architects to build Big Data platforms and data processing pipelines. You will develop and implement complex data management software solutions leveraging cutting-edge software frameworks and tools.
Within ASML, the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the development, specification and design of new ASML products.
Within Development & Engineering, the CSI department delivers and advances state-of-the- art methods and techniques for the structural improvement of the performance and quality of scanner components.
The holder of this position reports to the manager of CSI Analytics.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
BSc or MSc in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related.
- Preferably over 2 years of hands-on experience in building complex Big Data platforms and pipelines (ETL, both batch- and stream-data processing)
- Solid knowledge of software system design and distributed architectures
- Hands-on experience managing and using distributed data management systems and clusters (e.g. HDFS, Cassandra, Druid, HBase, MongoDB, Parquet, ZooKeeper, Airflow)
- Hands-on experience managing and using Big Data processing frameworks (e.g. Hadoop, Kafka, Hive, Spark, Drill, Impala, Flume, Storm, Flink)
- Knowledge of programming paradigms (e.g. declarative, imperative, dataflow, object-oriented, event-driven, functional)
- Hands-on experience with Python, Java, SQL programming languages
- Experience in setting up both SQL as well as noSQL databases
- Deployment and provisioning automation tools (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift, CI/CD)
- Bash scripting and Linux systems administration
- Experience in secure deployment of data science models and building efficient APIs for them
- Knowledge of security, authentication and authorisation (LDAP/Kerberos/PAM)
- Excellent communicator, who can convince across disciplines
- Team player, good social skills, pro-active and customer-oriented
- Practical approach, being able to work in a high demanding, result driven environment
- Thinks creative, out of the box