Attractive salary and fringe benefits
Research & Development, Engineering
Detachering via YER
Medical & Health, Food, Feed & Pharma
Over deze vacature
The Center for Diagnostic Solutions (CDS) performs more than 200 different veterinary diagnostic assays and runs a variety of diagnostic related projects in support of our (global) technical marketing organization and our research organization.
The lab is divided in a diagnostic team and a project team. We are looking for a new colleague in our project team.
The project team has a broad range of tasks: introducing new assays, troubleshooting of existing assays, looking for new diagnostic tools, set-up and reporting of animal studies, organizing training sessions for customers etc.
The expertise within in this team includes a variety of techniques: immunological assays, classic virological techniques and molecular biological techniques.
- Introduces new (veterinary diagnostic) assays. This is done either by transferring assays from R&D to the CDS, or by coordinating the development of an assay at an external partner or by developing the assay in house
- Improves/evaluates existing (commercially available) assays
- Looks for innovative veterinary diagnostic tools and techniques
- Organizes and reports animal experiments
- Maintains contacts with involved departments (e.g. global marketing, research, animal research, regulatory affair departments etc.)
- Organizes/runs training of commonly used lab techniques for customers
- Fulfills general tasks within the organization related to GLP, SHE, IT and/or laboratory activities
MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us. Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
At MSD Animal Health Boxmeer a large diversity of biological and pharmaceutical products are produced, tested, packed and released. The Product Surveillance department as part of the Quality Organization Boxmeer is responsible for product surveillance according to GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) requirements and operates as a Center of Excellence. The department warrants that product issues with possible market and supply impact are followed up with the highest priority. The processes are designed and continuously improved according to MPS (Merck Production System) principles.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to MSD. You shall be working with a team of international colleagues in which you can be sure of a healthy work-life balance. We will also reward your effort and achievements with an attractive salary and fringe benefits. A quick summary of our terms of employment:
- Fixed, competitive fixed salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Continuous challenging projects in the technology sector
- Intensive and personal guidance
- Opportunity to participate in a personal coaching programme
- MLO/HLO/ with at least 4 years of experience in the subject area: (veterinary) diagnostics and/or assay development
- Master laboratory techniques associated within the areas of virology, molecular biology, serology and cell culture. (e.g. ELISA, Real-time PCR, (Next generation-)sequencing, cell culture etc)
- Demonstrated ability to master new research areas and techniques is a pre-requisite
- Able to set priorities and switch between subjects in an independent way
- Good communication and documentation skills
- Experience with and proactive approach to GLP and SHE requirements
- An adequate level of English (written and spoken) is necessary
- Team player