Depending on knowledge and experience
Detachering via YER
Over deze vacature
We are looking for an engineer with strong coordinating skills and an interest in designing heavy-duty diesel engines.
In this function you report to the supervisor of the FIETU group and Project lead engineer of the running business project team. The running business team is responsible for maintaining the engines currently in production. In this team you have a variety of responsibilities:
- In cooperation with designers and mechanical component experts you develop new or adapt existing designs for the various engine platforms by market wishes and / or technical reasons
- Your focus is functionality, reliability, quality, robustness, manufacturability. You are leading in technical know how, solution validation program and defining this together with mechanical experts, the CAE and engine test department. You analyse results and make detailed technical proposals to resolve issues
- You work closely together with EU and NA service organisation and testing department to quickly analyse and resolve emerging field issues
- Working method: Working according Six Sigma techniques and Agile project management
DAF Trucks N.V. is a technology company and the premier commercial vehicle manufacturer in Europe. DAF is a wholly-owned subsidiary of PACCAR Inc, the worldwide quality leader in the design and manufacturing of premium light, medium and heavy-duty commercial vehicles. DAF Trucks also designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines, provides financial services and information technology and distributes truck parts related to its principal business.
The department Engine Hardware & Design is responsible for the development of new hardware engine concepts and maintaining the in-production engine families. The department is split in 5 groups; Engine CAE, Fuel Injection & Turbo, Base Engine, Engine Auxiliaries and Engine Aftertreatment. For the FIETU group we have an open position for an engine development engineer in the running business project team.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client <naam opdrachtgever>. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 free to spend holidays per year
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organization
- Travel expense reimbursement or leased vehicle
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
- Bachelor or master degree on mechanical or engine engineering
- Capable of fast in depth expertise knowledge built-up
- Engine component and system knowledge
- Used to handle multiple problem projects, you can handle the resulting stress.
- Design for Six Sigma and Problem Solving skills.
- In depth analysis of engine logs and customer field data related to engine fault codes
- Analysis of complex set of data