Detachering via YER
Over deze vacature
Your goal is to realize significant user experience improvements of our business software applications, in order to increase user efficiency, effectiveness, satisfaction and adoption. You will work on a few projects/applications at the same time, for which you will create high-fidelity, ‘pixel perfect’ screen designs. You will work closely together with the UX specialist and UI developer in these projects to ensure that designs are not just attractive but also based on the ASML Design System and feasible for implementation in a UI framework such as Angular Material. Furthermore, you will pro-actively share challenges and best practices with your ±10 peer designers from the UX&Mobile team.
- Create and improve screen designs (incl. typography and iconography), which have a good visual hierarchy and bring a bit of joy and Zen to our data-intensive, high-pressure work environment.
- Ensure consistency within the application and with the ASML Design System and/or suggest improvements for it, in collaboration with your peers from the UX team.
- Ensure that your visuals are specified and feasible within the projects’ UI development frameworks (e.g. Angular Material), in collaboration with the UI developers.
- Present and explain your work to other disciplines on the project team, such as the product owner, IT architect, development lead and project lead.
- Apart from visual design work, you may also support the UX specialist with user research, interaction design, usability testing and UX consulting.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in an area such as Art, Graphic Design, Multimedia Design, or Industrial Design.
- Highly skilled at using a digital design tool such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketch or Axure.
- A portfolio with convincing samples of work, with a focus on data-intensive apps, used in corporate environments.
- Familiarity with Google Material Design and/or Angular Material.
- Familiarity with responsive design.
- Familiarity with agile/scrum/DevOps.
- Ability to plan work and deliver on agreed goals independently.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other disciplines.
- Ability to work under time pressure and rapidly changing project conditions.
- Fluent in English, verbal and written. Profound knowledge of Dutch is a plus.
- Eligible to work in Veldhoven, The Netherlands.
- Available for at least 24 hours per week.