Depending on knowledge and experience
Detachering via YER, In dienst van opdrachtgever
Over deze vacature
For our client DAF Trucks we are currently recruiting a Product Improvement Engineer. This position fits in to Engine Hardware & Design department.
In this function you report to the supervisor of the Base Engine group and Project lead engineer of the running business project team. The running business team is responsible for maintaining the engines currently in production. In this team, you have a variety of responsibilities:
- In cooperation with designers and mechanical component experts, you develop new or adapt existing Constructions for the Base Engine platforms by market wishes and/or technical reasons;
- Your focus is functionality, reliability, quality, robustness, manufacturability. You are leading in technical knowhow, solution validation program and defining this together with mechanical experts, the CAE and engine test department. You analyse results and make detailed technical proposals to resolve issues;
- You work closely together with EU and NA service organisation and testing department to quickly analyse and resolve emerging field issues;
- Working method: Working according Six Sigma techniques and Agile project management.
DAF Trucks N.V. in Eindhoven is part of the PACCAR Inc., which is one of the biggest global players in the heavy-duty truck industry. The known truck brands of PACCAR are Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF.
The department Engine Hardware & Design is responsible for the development of new hardware engine concepts and maintaining the in-production engine families. The department is split in 5 groups; Engine CAE, Fuel Injection & Turbo, Base Engine, Engine Auxiliaries and Engine After treatment. For the Base Engine group we have an open position for an engine development engineer in the running business group.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to DAF. We offer:
- Good employee benefits;
- Challenging assignments;
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office;
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach;
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance);
- Cooperative, result-oriented and relationship-driven;
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture;
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals;
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies.
- Bachelor or master degree on mechanical or engine engineering;
- Capable of fast in depth expertise knowledge built-up;
- Engine component and system knowledge;
- Used to handle multiple problem projects, you can handle the resulting stress;
- Design for Six Sigma and problem solving skills;
- In depth analysis of engine logs and customer field data related to engine fault codes;
- Analysis of complex set of data.
- Clear communication [both verbal as presentation wise];
- Pro-Active and result driven;
- Good organisational skills;
- Experience with correlating field data with events is an advantage;
- Automotive [Engine Hardware] knowledge is a pre.