Detachering via YER
Over deze vacature
Challenging assignment at one of the most high-tech companies in the world.
We are Applications, a new business line within ASML, one of the world market leaders in scanning lithography technology. We create full-stack software products that run in the most modern Semiconductor Fabs in the world, and we are always pushing the boundary of what is possible.
As User Experience (UX) designer, you are responsible for the interaction and UI design of software programs used by professionals in the semi-conductor world. Together with your fellow UX team members and stakeholders you develop new applications. You are challenged by applying a good user centered design (UCD) process in a dynamic SW development environment. You work together with the development team, making sure that your services are built by always taking the user interest into account.
You are following a UCD process, meaning you understand the problem definition in a specific semi-conductor domain, gather user requirements and translate technical requirements into user needs. Furthermore, you run user research studies and you define workflows in close collaboration with product architects, customer service and development and engineering (D&E).
Deliverables and activities:
- UX flows;
- Interactive prototypes;
- Design specifications;
- Final assets;
- Use case development;
- Perform and report user research.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model);
- Challenging assignments;
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office;
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach;
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance);
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven;
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture;
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals;
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies.
Bachelor or Master Degree in interaction design, human computer interaction, or equivalent
- 5+ years of relevant user centered design experience in a corporate environment;
- Experience with complex machine user interfaces is a plus;
- Your portfolio will exhibit examples of dealing with complex user problems;
- You have extensive experience with design tools like Illustrator and Axure RPYou exhibit the following skills;
- Strong analytical, creative and interaction design skills;
- Working knowledge of software development processes;
- Collaborative team player;
- Self-motivated, pro-active thinker;
- Proficiency in English.
- You are an effective communicator who is willing to prove yourself in a company with highly talented and opinionated individuals;
- You are able to act fast and pragmatically while keeping the high level overview, you keep a positive mindset regardless of the challenges that lay ahead of you.