max. € 60,000
Detachering via YER
Over deze vacature
For DSM in Sittard we are looking for 2 Credit Control Specialists! Are you the experienced Collection Specialist with a strong drive for results and excellent communication skills? Then we might be looking for you.
As Credit Control Specialist Front Office EMEA, you will be responsible for managing the exposure position of a portfolio of customers in line with DSM Requirements in order to minimize credit risk and bad debts and optimize working capital for all participating EMEA BG/BU/SUs.
DSM Group Business Services (GbS) exists to provide DSM Business Groups and Corporate and Service Units with Technology Services (TS), HR Services (HRSS), Purchasing Services (PSS) and Finance Services (FSS) on a global scale, enabling the BGs and C&SUs to focus on their core tasks.
Finance Shared Services (FSS) within DSM Group Business Services (GbS) is a global organization which offers finance services to all DSM Business Groups and Corporate and Service Units, via 7 regional service centers (RSC/FO) and 2 global service centers (GSC/BO) in India and China. The mission of FSS is to enable customers to focus on their core activities by delivering value-adding business support.
The market dynamics of each customer needs to be understood and service is to be delivered accordingly, in a standardized and harmonized way.
In this position, you will be based in Sittard (The Netherlands) and report into the Credit & Collections Manager EMEA. Occasional travel may be required on request of Manager.
The Key responsibilities in this position will be:
1. Manage customers’ portfolio in line with DSM Requirements
Proactively dun external customers via telephone and email with a view to receive timely payments, follow up on promises and disputes. Ensure that payments are allocated to the correct accounts. Formulate, communicate and monitor preventive actions. Log and document all communication and actions regarding customers.
2. Regularly contact internal customers and other FSS colleagues.
To act as first point of contact for all internal and external customers. Support and advise the internal customers in all aspects of Collections Management (tools, processes, procedures). Act as a role model and expert for FSS.
3. Maintain relations with internal customers and prepare, attend and follow up on actions from customers meetings.
As Regional Service Center (FO), to interact and communicate with the Global Service Center (BO) and other FSS Collections teams.
4. Responsible for achieving (K)PIs per BU and C&SU for assigned portfolio.
Understand the credit worthiness of the customer. Keep up with financial and market developments in the assigned countries. Highlight credit risk issues to all involved parties in a timely way.
5. Collaborate closely with the credit risk experts. Provide monthly update on new developments of running Potential Bad Debt cases.
6. Spot risks and non-conformities in the collections process and initiate and coordinate corrective as well as process improvement actions. Execute internal controls.
7. Ad hoc support and/or participation in various projects upon request of Credit & Collections Manager EMEA.
Royal DSM is a purpose-led global science-based company in Nutrition, Health and Sustainable Living. DSM is driving economic prosperity, environmental progress and social advances to create sustainable value for all stakeholders. DSM delivers innovative business solutions for human nutrition, animal nutrition, personal care and aroma, medical devices, green products and applications, and new mobility and connectivity. DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 23,000 employees. The company is listed on Euronext Amsterdam.
At first, you will receive a secondment via YER for the first 6-12 months. Please note that our client has the intention to hire this candidate on a direct contract in the future.
- A bachelor’s degree in Finance or Economics with 3+ years relevant experience in Collections
- Fluent French and English or German and English, both spoken and written are a must.
- Proven experience in collections by telephone and knowledge of global payment methods, payment terms as well as banking systems
- Extended knowledge of and experience in the field of Credit Management in a multi-cultural and multinational environment
- Experience with Collections related tools (FSCM, SAP AR, SD FICO) and process expertise on all Collections related processes (OTC, PTO)
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills
- Team player with customer/external orientation, commercial mindset and a strong drive for results
- A fast learner, adaptable and determined with a continuous improvement mentality and proactive attitude.