€ 40,000 - € 55,000 gross per year
Detachering via YER
Over deze vacature
We are currently looking for an engineer with a passion for engines and powertrains for an analytically challenging position at DAF Trucks.
- Property Ownership Heat Rejection;
- Calculate normalized Engine Heat Rejection of current and future engines at predefined;
load points using simulations and measurements;
- Create and maintain a database with all previous, current and future engines;
- Align planning and results with vehicle departments and engine development stakeholders.
- Calculate engine lifetime of non-standard orders;
- Continuously improve existing processes, procedures and deliverables.
Within PACCAR Inc. DAF is the centre of competence for engine development. In their state-of-the-art engine development centre, they develop engine families for current and future regulations. DAF's engines and trucks are best-of-class products in the European and American transportation world. DAF is driven to provide environmentally friendly products that are cost-effective and highly reliable for their customers. As a global technology leader in the design, manufacturing and customer support of high- quality premium trucks DAF offers multiple opportunities to contribute to their success in a multi- disciplinary team.
The Engine Definition & Thermodynamics team is among others, responsible for defining future combustion and air management concept, including required software functionality, and ensure proper integration between emission after treatment system, engine, OBD and vehicle.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client DAF Trucks. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience;
- 25 free to spend holidays per year;
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organization;
- Travel expense reimbursement or leased vehicle;
- Good pension scheme;
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time;
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life;
- An open culture and clear communication;
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions.
We are looking for someone with:
- A bachelor or (preferably) master degree in Automotive Technology or Mechanical Engineering with proven affinity with Diesel engines and/or Heavy Duty Powertrains;
- Experience with Engine Development is preferable, understanding of powertrain integration is required;
- Experience with working in multidisciplinary teams is preferable;
- Experience with Matlab.
We are looking for someone with the following competences:
- Attention to details;
- Analytical capacity;
- Results orientated;
- Communication skills;
- Good English skills are mandatory and Dutch skills are a pre.