Detachering via YER
Over deze vacature
Are you challenged by driving Engineering Improvements and are you able to translate this into an HPC frontend implementation and deployment that allows users to take full advantage of this powerful simulation platform?
Your job mission is to develop, implement, deploy and maintain the frontend to the High Performance Computing and data analytics simulation environment, in close co-operation with the internal customer and the solution team
As High Performance Computing frontend developer you will develop, implement, deploy and maintain the various frontends to the simulation platform. Your focus will be on working with the internal customer to optimize the ease of use and integration of simulation tools with the underlying hardware. You will work closely together with the HPC system engineers and application support specialist to identify usability bottlenecks and will also drive the architectural evolution of the system to maximize application throughput. You will be part of the develops team for HPC and HPDA and in that role also work closely together with all member of the team on all relevant stories in our sprints.
Besides this your responsibilities include:
- Define improvement proposals that focus on usability and stability for end-users;
- Train simulation experts at ASML at use the provided frontends;
- Strong partner in discussions with solution team system architect and other stakeholders within the internal customer departments;
- Drive progress towards internal and external partners for implementation of improvements;
- Keep abreast with relevant literature, means and methods.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model);
- Challenging assignments;
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office;
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach;
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance);
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven;
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture;
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals;
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies.
At least master level or equivalent in computer science and/or Engineering.
Particularly relevant areas of expertise might include:
- At least 5 years of relevant experience as portal developer in an engineering environment;
- Scripting and web development;
- Ansible, Linux, webservers;
- Databases, MySQL querying;
- Deployment in a HA Linux environment;
- Highly motivated team player;
- Shows initiative and problem solving attitude;
- Vision and opinion;
- Independent, accurate, systematic approach, problem solving;
- Pragmatic, practical, flexible and committed to quality;
- Excellent communication skills and proficiency in the English language.
Context of the position
A sub-department within the IT organization is IT Competence Centre Big Data & Advanced Analytics. Their vision is that they want to unleash the power of innovative data analytics & collaboration to make a difference for ASML. They do this by providing high-end analytics capabilities and collaboration services to the ASML eco-system "The HPC expert will be part of the High Performance Computing team (5 fte) which is part of the Competence Centre Big Data & Advanced Analytics.