Depending on knowledge and experience
In dienst van opdrachtgever
Over deze vacature
For TNO Intergrated vehicle safety, we are recruiting a Robotics Egineer. The Robotics Egineer will work within an ADAS development group and will focus on path planning and mapping.
As a Robotic System/Software specialist you will be responsible for the further development of our world modelling and motion planning algorithms. Example fields are multi-sensor fusion, track-to-track fusion, localization, SLAM, motion planning, estimation & prediction. You will be responsible to develop new algorithms/solutions for these challenges. Furthermore, you will also be responsible, together with experts of the other relevant fields, to combine this with existing solutions into a single result, typically a middleware supported embedded system (e.g. carlab with multiple (automotive) computers + ROS middleware). Good communication and cooperation (in teams) skills are needed for the interaction with all disciplines within the department (e.g. control, prediction, testing, functional & operational safety, system engineering) is important due to the integrated approach within projects. Within these projects a pro-active attitude is appreciated.
Typical projects you will work in are:
- Business to business projects where you have a direct interaction with the customer and concrete tangible goals;
- European projects in which there is more focus on the research and technology development.
OEMs and TIERs recognize TNO all over the world as a valuable knowledge partner with unique expertise, tools and facilities. The activities within the research department Integrated Vehicle Safety focus on improving the functional safety of vehicles and prevent human fatalities and severe injuries by developing integrated safety solutions that are robust and reliable under all circumstances.
Within the department Integrated Vehicle Safety (IVS) of TNO, we work with an integral approach op topics related to Automated Driving and Cooperative Mobility. Multiple disciplines like Vehicle Dynamics, Control System Design, Tire Modelling and Simulation, Human Body Modelling, Environmental Perception, V2V & V2X Communication, etc. We work together to enhance vehicle and traffic safety and mobility, and minimize possible consequences of a collision.
- Depending on knowledge and experience
Excellent knowledge in one or more of the following fields: - Multi-sensor fusion - Bayesian filtering - Track-to-track fusion - Multimodal perception - Localization - Mapping - SLAM - Motion Planning.
- Proven experience developing software using C++ (Python is a plus) and ROS;
- Good knowledge of Linux and software development under Linux;
- MSc or PhD in Computer Science, Robotics, or related fields such as Artificial Intelligence (AI);
- Experience with multi-sensor fusion projects (radar, lidar, camera, V2X);
- Hands-on experience with real mobile robotic or automotive systems;
- Experience with distributed version control software, e.g. Git;
- Proven experience of working in a (project) team and being a team player.
Preferable you are experienced with:
- Learning algorithms (e.g. deep learning) or toolkits;
- Cooperative driving (V2x) or multirobot applications;
- Developing software with Matlab/Simulink;
- Control system design and real-time embedded systems.