Attractive salary and fringe benefits
In dienst van opdrachtgever
Over deze vacature
We are looking for people with plenty of initiative who like to learn and work in multidisciplinary teams in an innovative laboratory environment. Your personality can be described as result oriented and flexible. You are a real team player, a good communicator who is fluent in English.
As a senior technician in the BioFab team you will be joining a group of professionals that work at the interface of molecular biology, screening and robotics. By using high-throughput (HT) techniques, we improve strain performance in projects that use a variety of microorganisms for the production of diverse products.
In your role as senior technician, you will perform and contribute to research projects to guarantee the best results at the lowest costs.
- Facilitate the screening of a variety of microorganisms to produce different biomolecules
- Utilize automated liquid handling and custom software to run (as well as create) automated screening workflows
- Independently prepare and perform experimental work in a safe and effective way in the framework of strain development and screening
- Take care of the laboratory equipment that you use
- Interpret, analyse and report the results of the HT experiments
- Keep up with developments in your field of expertise and contribute to the professional expertise of the department
DSM Food Specialties develops, produces, markets ingredients and processing aids for the Dairy, Baking, Beverage, Cultures, Test & Preservation, Savoury and Nutritional Markets.
The Business Group consists of the Business Units Enzymes Solutions, Cultures, Food and Crop Protection, Savoury Ingredients and Hydrocolloids, the DSM Biotechnology Centre and a number of staff departments and excellence centres.
DSM Biotechnology Centre (DBC) is the centre for biotechnological Research and Development (R&D) within the innovation driven company DSM. DBC is focused on the creation of new and improved products and processes for the internal business units of DSM like DSM Food Specialties (DFS), DSM Nutritional Products (DNP), DSM Sinochem Pharmaceuticals (DSPN), Emerging Business Areas for DSM such as DSM Bio based products and Services (DBPS), DSM Biomedical or Specialty Packaging.
We offer a challenging job with many opportunities for personal input; plenty of room for discussions with fellow professionals and open and pleasant atmosphere. Terms and conditions of employment as well as fringe benefits are up to market standards. Salary depends on your education and experience.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to DSM. You shall be working with a team of international colleagues in which you can be sure of a healthy work-life balance. We will also reward your effort and achievements with an attractive salary and fringe benefits. A quick summary of our terms of employment:
- Fixed, competitive fixed salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Continuous challenging projects in the technology sector
- Intensive and personal guidance
- Opportunity to participate in a personal coaching programme
- Education in the area of microbiology, molecular biology/genetics or biotechnology at a bachelor’s degree level
- Experience with or affinity to setting up and managing lab automation workflows
- You have (at least two years of) experience with microbiological screening, preferably with fungi, yeast and bacteria
- Enthusiastic about robotics and technology
- Experience with programming of TECAN robotic equipment
- Affinity to data-management is an advantage
- Insight into the fundamentals of software writing