Detachering via YER
Over deze vacature
As a Senior Electrical Design engineer for IPL you’ll be working on new developments specifically for our latest innovations: the Philips Lumea Comfort and Lumea Prestige embedded Electronics platforms.
Your focus is on the development and testing of the Electronics and required documentation for IPL. Currently the direction of IPL is moving towards medically regulated devices in order to enter the US Market, to sustain the EU market after 2020 and to include connectivity to provide for added value to our end customers.
As a Senior Electronics design Engineer, you bring your knowledge of electrical circuit, PCB design and industrialization into the IPL product development teams. You are the person that defines and executes EE planning and activities. Together with the software development team you co-develop an automated Electronics/Software integration test environment based on actual electronics designs.
The Electronics designs for IPL are moving towards a single platform. You will be involved in defining that platform and keeping the platform consistent over the IPL projects. The electronics development team is investigating to follow the principles of agile, scrum based development in a challenging multi-disciplinary, multi-project, multi-stakeholder environment.
- Develop, document, realize and test electrical architectures and detailed designs of innovative products and/or new functions in projects in the area of Personal Care, specifically in the field of hair removal via Intense Pulse Light technology
- Guide the industrialization process of PCB and PCBA
- Maintain existing products in life cycle management; prove cost down concepts, end of life component exchanges.
- Develop new and optimize existing electronic module concepts and components within cross-functional teams or you lead and control outsourcing of these activities.
- Cooperate with internal and external partners
- Participate as key competence resource in cross functional teams
- Manage the dependencies and deliverables in line with the overall project plan with external and internal partners
It BEAUTY (Intense Pulse Light hair removal) creates and maintains products for female beauty. Within IT BEAUTY the electronics development team develops and supports high-quality, electronic designs for (connected) medically regulated Philips IPL devices.
The Philips business group Personal Health delivers innovative lifestyle solutions for personal well-being. Our brand promise delivers innovation that matters to you, meaning that our products are caring, innovative & impactful. The sector builds on a deep understanding of people's needs and aspirations to create innovations that help consumers achieve their lifestyle ambitions.
Innovation site Eindhoven is part of Innovation & Development (I&D) Personal Health. It focuses on the development of medically and non-medically endorsed lifestyle products. It is responsible for the end-to-end development and realization of new product propositions. The Innovation Site Eindhoven has the ambition to drive business growth by bringing existing, differentiating, new product propositions to market.
One of the key growth areas is the Beauty category, which encompass multiple sub-businesses: IPL and Skin Care.
You’ll be reporting to the Functional Group Lead Electronics and Software Development and will be working within a team of highly motivated developers.
Location: High Tech Campus – Eindhoven, The Netherlands.
- You will be employed by YER and seconded to Philips;
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension);
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach;
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance);
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven;
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals;
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies.
You have a background in electronics at a high qualitative level (Master level or PhD level). You have a proven track record and experience (minimum of 5 yrs.) in pre-development and realization of new (consumer) products and/or functions in a R&D environment.
You have experience in one or more relevant fields of competency for Personal Care products, such as switch mode power supply technology, heating & cooling, sensor technology & applications, embedded software, battery technology and printed circuit boards & components.
• A hand–on focus and can-do mentality.
• An excellent communicator and motivator.
• Experience in electronic design (PCBA, analog design) and product specification/documentation.
• Experience in Industrialization aspects of PCB and PCBA designs.
• Affinity with embedded software development.
• Experience in cooperation in a multi-site, multi-partner, multi cultural development environment.
• Experience with developing medical devices.
• Experience with EMC standards and measurement techniques.
• Experience with root cause finding techniques.
• Experience in cooperation in a multi-site multi-partner development environment.
• Ability to analyze the stakeholder environment and needs to achieve common objectives, considering contradicting interests and making the best decisions for the project as well as the business.
• Negotiation skills, combined with English language skills.
• Ability to balance risks and opportunities of innovative solutions.
• Preferably you are familiar with Design for Six Sigma.
• You are:
• An abstract, analytical, and creative thinker.
• Open minded towards other disciplines and companies in the field of product development.
• Able to continuously challenge the status quo, with a strong desire to improve organizational effectiveness structurally.
• Focus on quality, but pragmatic and practical when needed.