Finance, Legal & Tax, Banking
In dienst van opdrachtgever
Over deze vacature
Challenging Financial Crime Advisory position on Director Level.
The Director, Head of Financial Crimes is responsible for implementing and managing the overall Financial Crimes program in the Bank under the direction of the Chief Compliance Officer (CCO) for the bank and the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA)Regional Head of Financial Crime.
Areas of oversight include: Anti-money laundering (AML), Sanctions, Fraud, and Anti-Bribery and Corruption.
This position will provide risk management and oversight function for financial crimes compliance within the Bank and its branches throughout Europe, and will be responsible for implementing the Bank’s global financial crimes compliance framework within the Bank in accordance with regulatory requirements and the Bank’s relevant global policies. The successful candidate will coordinate with Financial Crimes colleagues on enterprise issues such as technology, systems, policies and resource allocation.
This position reports to the Banks COO and will have a functional reporting line into the Regional Head of the Global Financial Crimes Division (GFCD) Head located in London. This position will manage a Financial Crimes team principally located in Amsterdam and will oversee those Compliance officers who manage financial crime compliance in the branches.
This position will work with the CCO to manage relationships with all relevant regulatory agencies with oversight of the Bank and its branches to ensure compliance with all requirements as well as transparent and effective communication. Local business heads (General Manger of the Branch, Country Head etc.) are responsible for overall local regulatory and legal compliance in their jurisdictions. This position supports the local business heads to accomplish their Financial Crimes related responsibilities.
As a member of the Financial Crimes Division, you will contribute to:
- Delivering high-quality and pro-active support to business activities, assisting The Bank to do business in the right way and to grow its business-footprint. Liaise with regulators to promote a good understanding of the firm’s controls and governance.
- Ensuring key processes are run efficiently to deliver quality and reliable information, to support business growth and control procedures. Developing and integrating these processes within the Bank (with appropriate segregation where appropriate) and deliver a first-class Financial Crime team.
- Deliver risk-based assurance to the senior management and the Group through independent challenge and quality reporting.
Leading international financial institution with Asian roots. Solid EU and UK presence, providing commercial banking services to corporate customers in The Netherlands and Central and Eastern Europe.
Beside a good remuneration package, this Bank offers opportunities to grow professionally. This includes various internal /external trainings, informal support and collaboration with diverse pool of colleagues located all over the world.
Risk management in Amsterdam is a growing and dynamic team where you will be able to directly contribute to the development of the risk management function in the bank. With an aim to grow a team in the future, a candidate will get an exposure to develop leadership and managerial skills with an aim to become a future leader.
We expect candidates to have experience in:
- Implementing and managing Global Financial Crimes policies and procedures
- Managing relationships with senior leaders to ensure they are made aware of Financial Crimes environment as well as policies and procedures that impact the products and services business lines offer.
- Managing all regulatory deliverables with relevant regulatory agencies in conjunction with Regional Head of Compliance. Engaging with regulators to enhance the organization’s reputation.
- Stakeholder management, people management, project management.
Furthermore we expect a relevant educational background (Master) and similar senior experience at an international bank.