Detachering via YER
Education, High Tech
Over deze vacature
As Electronic Defence Engineer you will make an important contribution to applied scientific research to make the world safer. Electronic Defense conducts research into the use and abuse of the electromagnetic spectrum to support our customers.
You will support the project leaders and scientists in the team by:
- Translating new ideas and concepts into tangible prototypes;
- Designing of test and measurement setups;
- Developing associated electronics and writing required software;
- Organizing, preparing and supporting with measurement campaigns;
- Building of complex exhibits in The Hague and at various locations in the Netherlands and abroad;
- Experimenting with prototypes (ex. with radar systems, jammers, drones);
- Management of technical facilities and resources, including the calibration of the equipment and the security with regard to classified matters as personnel.
The department offers you varied work in several projects for different clients. This involves working together, with colleagues in the group as well as outside. Your work is very diverse and different every day. You do this in a close team in an open and informal culture. For your work you are sometimes a few days to a week away from home.
TNO connects people and knowledge to create innovations that boost the competitive strength of industry and the well-being of society in a sustainable way.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to TNO. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model);
- Challenging assignments;
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office;
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach;
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance);
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven;
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture;
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals;
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies.
- A completed technical education in which Electronics or Electrical Engineering are the most eligible;
- Practical knowledge and experience in the field of electronics (analog, embedded), design, implementation, testing and troubling shooting;
- 5 to 10 years of relevant work experience;
- Good experimental skills;
- Very capable of working with people and you get satisfaction from supporting colleagues;
- You know how to approach, are proactive and love organizing things;
- The work is in many cases international in character and therefore you speak English. We expect you to be willing (if necessary) to cooperate in projects for short periods abroad as well, for example for an (international) measurement campaign.