Detachering via YER
Medical & Health, Consumer Goods, Manufacturing
Over deze vacature
IT BEAUTY (Intense Pulse Light hair removal) creates and maintains products for female beauty. Within IT BEAUTY the electronics development team develops and supports high-quality, electronic designs for (connected) medically regulated Philips IPL devices.
Senior Electrical Design engineers for IPL are working on new developments specifically for our latest innovations: the Philips Lumea Comfort and Lumea Prestige embedded Electronics platforms.
The focus is the in-house development and testing of the Electronics and required documentation for IPL. Currently the direction of IPL is moving towards medically regulated devices in order to enter the US Market, to sustain the EU market after 2020 and to include connectivity to provide for added value to our end customers.
As a Senior Electronics Design Engineer for our High End Lumea Prestige product (this product is currently in the system verification phase prior to a 510K submission), you bring your knowledge of electrical circuits and PCB design into the IPL product development teams. You are the person that defines and executes root-cause analyses on system level to define electrical/software solutions for issues related to System Verification fails. In executing this activity, you actively seek feedback from the Electronics and Software design teams. Together with the Electronics and Software development teams, you define the solution for issues found, verify solution and define and implement documentation changes (e.g. TPD documentation package).
Root cause analyses and solution realization is guided by a mandated change process.
In order to realize the ambitions within IT BEAUTY IPL, you are responsible for:
- Test electrical architectures and detailed designs of innovative products and/or new functions in projects in the area of Personal Care, specifically in the field of hair removal via Intense Pulse Light technology;
- Deliver updated input into the industrialization process for PCB and PCBA;
- Cooperate with internal and external partners;
- Participate as key competence resource in cross functional teams;
- Manage the dependencies and deliverables in line with the overall project plan with external and internal partners.
The Philips business group Personal Health delivers innovative lifestyle solutions for personal well-being. Our brand promise delivers innovation that matters to you, meaning that our products are caring, innovative & impactful. The sector builds on a deep understanding of people's needs and aspirations to create innovations that help consumers achieve their lifestyle ambitions.
Innovation site Eindhoven is part of Innovation & Development (I&D) Personal Health. It focuses on the development of medically and non-medically endorsed lifestyle products. It is responsible for the end-to-end development and realization of new product propositions. The Innovation Site Eindhoven has the ambition to drive business growth by bringing existing, differentiating, new product propositions to market.
One of the key growth areas is the Beauty category (Philips IPL and Skin Care), which encompass multiple sub-businesses: IPL and Skin Care.
You’ll be reporting to the Functional Group Lead Electronics and Software Development and will be working within a team of highly motivated developers.
With a growing presence in cardiology, oncology, and women's health, Philips operates in the areas of Imaging Systems, Patient Care & Clinical Informatics, Home Healthcare and Customer Services. Philips combines its clinical expertise and human insights to create innovative solutions across the continuum of care, in partnership with clinicians and our customers, to provide better value and expand access to care for millions. Our teams are working hard every day to improve patient outcomes all the way from disease prevention and screening to diagnosis, treatment, therapy monitoring, and disease management. Irrespective of whether the care cycle takes the patient from doctor's office to hospital or hospital to home, or simply from one medical department to another, Philips Healthcare's unique medical solutions are designed to optimize the quality and flow of patient information and clinical decision making.
- You will be employed by YER and seconded to Philips;
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension);
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach;
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance);
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven;
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals;
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies.
You have a background in electronics at a high qualitative level (Master level or PhD level). You have a proven track record and experience (?5 yrs.) in pre-development and realization of new (consumer) products and/or functions in a R&D environment.
You have experience in one or more relevant fields of competency for Personal Care products, such as switch mode power supply technology, heating & cooling, sensor technology & applications, embedded software, battery technology and printed circuit boards & components.
- Experience in electronic design (PCBA, analog design) and product specification/documentation in a product development environment;
- Affinity with embedded software development;
- Experience in cooperation in a multi-site, multi-partner, multi-cultural development environment;
- Experience with developing medical devices;
- Experience with root cause finding techniques;
- Experience in working in a multi-cultural environment;
- Negotiation skills, combined with English language skills;
- Ability to balance time and quality in solutions.
- A pragmatic and creative thinker with a strong drive for results;
- Open minded towards other disciplines and companies in the field of product development;
- An excellent communicator and motivator;
- Able to challenge the status quo, with a strong desire to improve structurally the organizational effectiveness;
- You have a quality mindset but pragmatic and practical when needed.