€ 65,000 - € 75,000
Detachering via YER, In dienst van opdrachtgever
Over deze vacature
Challenging position as the linking pin between business, category buyers and R&D.
In the position of Project Manager Procurement, you will ensure the contribution of procurement in NPD and specific programms within the different business lines of the organization. You will work closely to R&D engineering to make secure sourcing and supplier management for new projects. You ensure the multidisciplinary connection with all departments during the different project stages. You will work most of the time in the Leiden/Den Hague area, but some travelling is required.
Some of your daily responsibilities:
- Manages purchasing related activities during product development (Supplier Selection, Contracts, Cost Management, Supplier relationship management etc.) and ensure deliverables readiness on time
- Drives design to cost methodology on new products and contribute to cost definition and optimization
- Develops cost models where appropriate, in close corporation with the assigned Category Managers
- Reports and ensures correct cost evolution during product development
- Reports activity and presents deliverables in gate reviews to stakeholders and top management
- Initiates and drives cost savings initiatives on existing products when relevant
- Keeps ERP system updated with regard to purchasing related areas (cost, lead time..etc)
- Collaborates with supplier quality and ensures supplier choices are made within the defined Approved Vendor List, as owned with Global Category Management
Our client is a global multinational company, founded in the Netherlands. The company offers a wide range of technical products and components, for which they have their own development-, production-, marketing- and distribution departments. All components are made to meet global market demands in terms of quality, price, availability and after sales service. The company has more than 10 well-equipped manufacturing sites in Brazil, China, Germany, India and Italy for which global procurement is located in the Netherlands.
A challenging position in a highly dynamic environment. Various projects and opportunities to grow, both professionally and personally. The function is full-time with competitive conditions. experience between € 68.000 and € 75.000 per annum. It will be a fulltime contract with YER for the period of one year, before a contract with our client.
- Bachelor or Master in Engineering/Business combined with strong technical knowledge (mechanical/ electrical)
- Certification as Greenbelt in SixSigma preferred, experience in process improvement required
- 5+ years working experience with proven track record in industrial purchasing and project management
- Strong leadership and stakeholder management skills
- New Product Development Process knowledge
- Good presentation and excellent communication skills
- Travel capabilities and availability up to 15-20%
- Good reporting skills
- Fluent in English (Mandatory)
- German and Dutch strongly desired