Attractive salary and fringe benefits
Detachering via YER
Over deze vacature
Are you excited by innovation and new developments for the Solar market? Are you an energetic development engineer who likes to develop and improve new processes for new materials to increase the efficiency of the use of Solar Energy via solid, durable and sustainable solutions? If so, then this might be a perfect opportunity for you.
For DSM Advanced Solar, YER is recruiting a Process Development Engineer with strong know-how of development in (spray) coating technologies.
As a Process Development Engineer you will work in a multidisciplinary team to improve DSM solar materials and their processing. The goal of these developments is to strengthen the position of DSM materials in the market. For these developments, DSM recently opened the Solar Technology Lab that is based in Geleen, the Netherlands. You will report to the Application Technology Team Leader. Together with a team, you will support the development and implementation of a novel 'Anti reflective coating for solar modules for the aftermarket.
The main task is to develop a reliable and affordable process to coat already installed modules on location with DSM’s AR coating in cooperation with the current project team.
Key responsibilities in this position will be:
- Test the feasibility of the coating processes with DSM solar materials with process-ability and material properties, report and advice about the findings;
- Investigate process windows of the processes and translate them into operating procedures and technical packages;
- Use product and process tools such as risk analysis (FMEA), statistical design, analysis techniques and testing protocols;
- Support outdoor coating trials on customer location;
- Collaborate with the project team, equipment suppliers and service providers to set up joint R&D activities to solve technical issues;
- Deliver input to specify the coating tool, transfer the knowledge to the project team.
For over 100 years DSM has dedicated resources to research, development, and production techniques, leading us to create some of the world’s finest coatings, fibres and plastics. An important innovation area is the solar PV market. DSM is developing innovative breakthrough technologies to boost the cost/performance ratio of solar energy systems. DSM Advanced Solar (DAS) is a leading solar photovoltaic (PV) materials supplier, delivering anti-reflective and anti-soiling coatings, and advanced back sheets to PV module makers. DAS is building on this strong position to develop and deliver additional materials and technologies to module makers as well as downstream players in the value chain. DAS has technical support teams and application development hubs in both Europe and China that can offer module producers direct – and personal – design and process support around the world.
Royal DSM is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to DSM. You shall be working with a team of international colleagues in which you can be sure of a healthy work-life balance. We will also reward your effort and achievements with an attractive salary and fringe benefits. A quick summary of our terms of employment:
- Fixed, competitive fixed salary commensurate with knowledge and experience;
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time;
- Continuous challenging projects in the technology sector;
- Intensive and personal guidance;
- Opportunity to participate in a personal coaching programme.
- A technical BSc background (Physics, Applied Science, Chemical or comparable);
- Preferably at least 5 years of experience in process development, preferably in (spray) coating technologies;
- Hands-on mentality, eager to improve processes and products by analysing, experimenting and reporting of the results;
- Can work with engineering partners and contractors to organize basic engineering of processes;
- Team player that shows initiative, inspires the environment, and won't stop until the job is done;
- Knowledge of quality systems and process requirements in correlation to the product;
- Reporting skills (in English) at a good level;
- Willing to travel, typical duration 1 week, frequency 4-5/half year.