Research & Development, Engineering
Detachering via YER
Over deze vacature
Do you want to participate in multidisciplinary projects for the development or improvement of new or existing measuring instruments?
Apply then for the vacancy for Mechanical Engineer.
Starting from the Market Requirements Specification assist with the definition of the product requirements. Participate in the development of design concepts guided by the architect in close cooperation with team members from own and other disciplines.
• Assist in the product development by developing modules and components.
• Participate in building a functional model that enables functionality testing of the design.
• Support the improvement of the product design, using test results and input from Marketing, Engineering, Manufacturing and Quality
• Create detailed design documentation for the review of the product design.
• Assist in the assembly of modules by integrating components and the verification of their performance.
• Perform tests to verify spec compliance, analyze test result and write test reports
• Participate in the preparation of the release for production
• Build up discipline Knowledge
• Build up Knowledge of our products: the design and their production
• Build up knowledge of our way of working and the development process
• Assist with designing and building development tooling and test facilities
A supplier of industrial measurement technology nearby Rotterdam
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. You will be employed by YER and seconded to our client.
Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences, as a competitive salary depending on experience.
- 5+ years of mechanical engineering in an R&D environment
- Bachelor or Master degree in mechanical engineering
- Knowledge of production techniques for a variety of materials and applications, examples:
- Investment casting
- Injection molding (plastics and metals)
- Sheet metal forming (bending and deep drawing)
- experience in 3D cad systems for part design and 2D drawings for manufacturing
- Independent Creative and innovative design skills
- Experience with working in projects in a multidisciplinary and multicultural organization
- Team player with good communication skills
- Fluent in English and good knowledge of Dutch or German
- Able to generate high quality documents and progress reports