Depending on knowledge and experience
Detachering via YER, In dienst van opdrachtgever
Over deze vacature
For our client TNO Integrated Vehicle Safety, we are looking for a Junior Software Engineer. 0-3 years of experience is preferred
As a Software Engineer you will be responsible to translate the knowledge of experts from different domains into one combined result. The result is typically an embedded real-time automotive system. To design and implement such a system, a good overview of the system is required, which needs to be obtained together with the function experts. Therefore you need to have good experience in team working, software integration and testing. In the design process, the system requirements must be respected and the architecture should be set-up such that it enables smooth integration of the functionalities that are extendable in future projects.
Automotive real-time embedded systems typically rely on sensor data to actuate the braking, engine and steering system of a vehicle. Additionally interfaces with e.g. a cloud based system (e.g. for tooling/assessment) might be implemented. This means that it is essential to comply with and design for safety standards. Additionally, testability of the whole system and its parts is essential.
You will work in a team on the implementation, verification and validation of software/hardware systems and tools in applied research projects for automotive OEMs and TIERs, service providers, research and governmental organizations all around the world. These projects may focus at exploring innovative solutions for a single vehicle, but also on systems that will be deployed for large operational field tests (e.g. platooning). Next to this, you will be involved in the design of innovative analysis tools which may be off-line or in the vehicle (real-time).
With the project team you will make impact with innovative solutions. Good communication, cooperation, and writing skills are essential for the interaction with multidisciplinary team and involved stakeholders (e.g. control, prediction, testing, functional & operational safety, system engineering).
The activities of the Software Engineer will, amongst others, consist of:
- Supporting the design of reliable and maintainable software applications;
- Dissemination and reporting of implementation details;
- Setup the design of offline tools (e.g. for model-based safety engineering);
- Supporting experts to realize results given the architecture and design;
- Supporting in defining verification and validation tests and integration of components;
- Assuring that developed software components and tests may be suitable for reuse.
Modern means of transport, from passenger cars to heavy-duty road and waterborne transport have to meet increasingly strict emission regulations and greenhouse gas targets. These future challenges will be met with a range of increasingly complex powertrain technologies, ranging from novel high-efficient combustion engine concepts to battery and fuel cell electrification.
TNO is recognized by OEMs and TIERs all over the world as a valuable knowledge partner with unique expertise, tools and facilities. The research group Powertrains is one of the leading players on vehicle energy management technology and has a longstanding track record in the automotive industry. We have developed our own extensive modelling and simulation tools to simulate both conventional, hybrid electric, and fully electric powertrains. The group has its own state-of-the-art testing facilities, where we can measure complete powertrain systems for real world applications. We can perform measurements on an entire vehicle (up to truck size) in our unique altitude climate chamber, and perform on-road measurements for all powertrain types
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client TNO. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 free to spend holidays per year
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organization
- Travel expense reimbursement or leased vehicle
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
The following minimum requirements are needed:
- BSc / MSc in Computer Science / Mechatronics / Robotics / Embedded Systems or related fields
- 1 to 3 years of experience in software development
- Experience in object oriented software design (C++, Python) for different platforms
- Experience with modelling languages (UML/SysML), system/software architecture, design patterns
- Willingness to travel internationally occasionally
- Preference will be given to candidates that, in addition, have:
- Knowledge of distributed computing
- Knowledge of automotive safety standards (ISO 26262, ASIL)
- Familiarity with automotive related control systems
- Experience with real-time embedded systems
- Experience with developing software with Matlab/Simulink
- Experience with ROS