€ 60,000 - € 70,000
In dienst van opdrachtgever
Over deze vacature
Challenging technical purchasing position with a world leader in industrial automation!
Our client is one of the leading companies of the world in industrial automation. Within this international high-tech company, the purchasing department is concentrating on its strategic purchasing competence for the European manufacturing and supply chain management.
The purchasing department consists of 6 enthusiastic purchasing professionals with a technical and/or business experience and a Manager. The department’s role is to support the purchasing requirements for electronic components of it’s supply chain, for components and materials of its manufacturing function and services of its business processes.
As Strategic Purchaser you will be responsible for the electronic components purchasing requirement. Flexibility and back up within the team will be required related to mechanical components. Further more you:
- Understand the electronic component market and business requirements;
- Translate company requirements to the supply chain through communication with your internal stakeholders;
- Search and select suppliers related to the Global Supplier Strategy and local requirements;
- Negotiate and close contracts with suppliers in line with the business need;
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship with suppliers;
- Monitor and manage supplier performance, realize cost down targets;
- Maintain the companies policy and procedures of the requirements that our suppliers need to meet (SLA’s);
- Initiate and participate in continuous improvements activities;
- Take control in a transparent document management of the purchasing process, provide the business with clear purchasing policies and procedures.
A world leader in industrial automation.
In this challenging and responsible position our client offers a good salary, fit to your experience and background. You will start with a years contract, but it is a permanent position in a growing company.
- Bachelor-degree in a relevant area (e.g., technical study, (Technical) Business Management combined with Procurement related courses);
- 6-12 years of work experience in a professional, complex and international environment;
- Excellent project management skills. Proven ability to successfully manage complex projects with a scope across the whole value chain;
- Analytical, structured, accurate and able to maintain an overview, assess priorities and focus on concrete results. Multidisciplinary approach;
- Strong communication skills combined with an innovative and result-driven ‘can do’ mentality;
- Experienced negotiator and a problem-solving team-player who creates strong commitment and partnership with internal and external concerned parties;
- Good skills in English. Additional language, like German, is preferred;
- Experience with ERP packages, Baan;
- Strong in Excel;
- Knowledge of Electronic industry;
- Willingness to travel occasionally (mostly inside Europe, occasionally China, Japan).