Attractive salary and benefits
Detachering via YER
Over deze vacature
For our client DAF Trucks we are looking for an Engine Performance Calibration Engineer.
- Develop heavy-duty diesel engines with focus on engine performance and ECU function calibration and validation
- Find optimal engine settings within all constraints, optimizing the trade-off between fuel consumption, driver performance, reliability and emission legislation
- With a theoretical background provide consultancy how to robustly calibrate the engine controllers
- Take initiative to constantly improve tools and processes
- Documentation of test results, tool usage and possible improvements
- Collaboration in project teams
DAF Trucks N.V. in Eindhoven is part of the PACCAR Inc., which is one of the biggest global players in the heavy-duty truck industry. The known truck brands of PACCAR are Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF. Within the PACCAR Group Inc.
Within PACCAR, DAF engine development is the centre of competence for engine development. In our state-of-art engine development centre, we develop engine families for future regulations. Our engines and trucks are best of class products in the transportation world. We are driven to providing environmentally friendly products that are cost-effective and highly reliable for our customers. As a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality premium trucks we offer multiple opportunities to contribute to our success in a multidisciplinary team.
Within the engine development department, the system calibration group is responsible for optimization and calibration of new developed engines.
Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organisation
Travel expense reimbursement or leased vehicle
Good pension scheme
Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
Committed to a good balance between work and private life
An open culture and clear communication
A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
- Master degree in Automotive Technology or Mechanical Engineering
- Engine testing experience, preferably on heavy duty truck engines
- Data acquisition (AVL Puma)
- DOE (AVL Cameo)
- Experience on heavy-duty truck engine calibration is a pre
- Knowledge of control theory is a pre
- Knowledge of Hardware in the Loop modelling is a pre
- Matlab experience (modelling and scripting)
This person has the following competences:
- Result orientation
- Attention to details
- Good English skills are mandatory and Dutch skills are a pre