Attractive salary and fringe benefits
Detachering via YER
Over deze vacature
There's never been a better time to join the Hazard Communication team of Philips Innovation Services. Industries and authorities of today increasingly demand globally compliant high quality Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and understanding of the growing complexities of safe transport of Dangerous Goods. Does being part of a company and a team that drives for meeting global compliancy standards and contributing to a safer and healthier environment today and future generations resonate with you and does it sound like something you'd love to be part of? If you feel that spark of excitement, if we trigger the perfectionist in you, then we'd love to hear from you! Together with a team of chemical safety experts you are responsible for maintaining and where necessary expanding Philips own chemicals management tool and database Fasim 2.1. Next to this, you function as a consultant to all our customers (internal as external) regarding any topic relating to the classification and labelling of chemicals (CLP and global GHS), global transport regulations such as ICAO/IATA, ADR, ADN and IMDG, occupational exposure measures as well as legal reporting obligations. You will also be playing an important role in potential client acquisitions, where you will demonstrate to the customers the usage and advantages of Fasim 2.1.
- You author internal Safety Documents (iSD) and Safety Data Sheets (SDS), Workplace Instruction Cards (WICs) and hazard labels for Philips and external customers
- You research chemical data and are able to evaluate the reliability of the data
- You are responsible for keeping up to date with global developments in the field of Hazard Communication
- You are in close contact with suppliers of chemical products and assure constant up to date supplier documentation
- You know how to act responsibly with sensitive chemical information
- You are customer oriented and are well acquainted with customer acquisition
- You are responsible for several simultaneously running projects
The department of Philips Environment & Safety (PES) is part of Philips Innovation Services (PInS). Within PES 35 highly trained professionals work in the fields of Health & Safety (HSE), Radiation Protection, Hazard Communication (HazCom) and Sustainability. Their services and advisory tasks are mainly focused on efficient and effective compliance with existing legislation and regulations and improvement actions on the shop floor and within primary business processes. The HazCom team supports customers in the fields of safe use of chemicals, accurate hazard labelling, establishing (hazardous) chemical registers and advises proper precautionary measures to be taken on the work floor. Above that, HazCom also advises its customers on safe packaging, documentation and transport of Dangerous Goods, both nationally and internationally.
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. YER is preferred supplier. You will be employed by YER and seconded to Philips.
Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- A competitive salary depending on experience
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, training and coaching
- Healthy work-life balance.
Fit candidates preferably have a chemistry degree or a degree in a similar field (minimum B.Sc.), profound knowledge in CLP and GHS, including experience in the hazard classification process and show project management skills. Suitable candidates understand classification thresholds and show a strong affinity with global chemical regulations. Ideally you are able to classify manually rather than relying on software systems. Team playing skills are a must-have and you should be able to withstand a busy team environment.
- You have as minimum a Bachelor’s degree (B.Sc.) in Chemistry or Toxicology or in a similar field with preferably several years of experience.
- You have profound experience with CLP, global GHS and regulations concerning the transportation of Dangerous Goods (ICAO/IATA, ADR, IMGD etc.).
- You have profound knowledge in REACH and are willing to expand your knowledge in other chemical regulations of other countries.
- You have demonstrable experience with authoring and validating Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
- You have very good communication skills and enjoy frequent customer contact.
- You can clearly formulate your advice and recommendations in both Dutch and English. A third language is a pre.
- You are acquainted with working in a software environment or have no trouble learning this.
- You are solution-oriented and have an inquiring mind. You are able to achieve optimal results under time-pressure.
- You are driven to continuously learn and develop yourself, also on own initiative.
- You are acquainted with client acquisition and demonstrate strong project management skills.