Detachering via YER
Manufacturing, High Tech
Over deze vacature
Challenging opportunity at one of the most high-tech companies in the world.
The IT division supports information management, infrastructure and key business processes across ASML. The ICT infrastructure, hardware and applications are absolutely mission-critical for almost all ASML’s internal and external activities.
The software engineering infrastructure (SEI) group within ASML IT is responsible for the software development environment. This environment consists of an integrated development, build, test and release environment and must be capable to support the lifecycle and configuration management of the ASML product software.
The environment is developed and maintained in close cooperation with the ASML software development community. Key challenge is on one hand to have a state of the art environment to support the newest product development and on the other hand safeguard the stability and reliability and long term support for the growing installed product base at our customers.
The software development environment is now considered as a Mission Critical Service for which two key IT projects require an infrastructure specialist.
The Build Program has the goal to design, implement, test and deploy a new software build system. Due to legacy environments, build exceptions and violations, unfinished projects and insufficient documentation, the current build system is considered not to be maintainable for the coming years. In one of the tracks of this program additional Linux build servers will have to be deployed and an investigation is planned for the viability of virtualizing the build server environment.
The Pioneer project has the goal to migrate the current, Solaris based, software development environment for XT machines to Linux. To enable this transition the underlying IT infrastructure will have to be migrated to Linux.
- Define requirements and create high-& low- level designs
- Analyze impact of existing interfaces/services that uses the software development environment when switching to a virtual build environment
- Aligning with key-users and software engineers on new solution setup
- Implementing new infra components together with the SEI Infra team and external service providers
- Guarding overall quality delivered by the external service providers
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Candidate is well acquainted with software development. Further requirements on candidate:
- HBO+ or Academic level education
- Minimal 5-10 years of relevant work experience
- Relevant experience and proven experience in large technical complicated development environments
- Very thorough understanding and practical experience with:
- Linux and/or Solaris Infrastructure
- Linux virtualizations techniques: KVM, Docker, Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization, VMWare
- Knowledge regarding management of large server and VDI environments
- Base Knowledge of storage, network and database solutions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Strong documenting capabilities
· Shows initiative and problem solving attitude.
· Pragmatic, practical, flexible (occasional evening or weekend work) and committed to quality.
- Ambitious and with a pro-active, initiating attitude
- Ability to plan and set priorities
- Team worker, good social skills, customer-oriented
- Think practical on the impact of decisions for end-customer / user
- Have affinity with IT systems and structures and think in business process modeling terms
- Strong analytical skills, including advanced application software skills, such as presentation, spreadsheet and word processing applications
- Nice to have: Change-management competencies