Over deze vacature
In 1939 Philips introduced the first innovative rotating electrical shaving device called the Philishave. Are you the person that will help Philips to stay number one in technological development?
For the Mechanical Development & Integration (MDI) Department we are looking for a Mechanical Engineer. As a Mechanical Engineer, you translate a chosen concept into an integrated mechanical construction. You design and validate the construction of a module of an appliance and further detail the parts in 3D and 2D towards final Technical product Documentation.
As a Mechanical Engineer in the MDI Team you will be responsible for:
- Creating one or more alternatives for a module construction
- Proof that your construction fulfils the function(s) and requirements under all load cases (calculation, simulation, tolerance analysis, proto’s + testing)
- You create detailed 3D and 2D files incorporating design for manufacturing and assembly requirements
- Planning and realizing your own work and manage the interfaces with other modules/parts
You will be part of the Mechanical Development and Integration department of Philips. The innovation team Male Grooming consists of 50+ enthusiastic technical specialists. You work in a multidisciplinary team consisting of mechanical engineers, function engineers, application research, process engineers and electronic engineers.
With a growing presence in cardiology, oncology, and women’s health, Philips operates in the areas of Imaging Systems, Patient Care & Clinical Informatics, Home Healthcare and Customer Services. Philips combines its clinical expertise and human insights to create innovative solutions across the continuum of care, in partnership with clinicians and our customers, to provide better value and expand access to care for millions. Our teams are working hard every day to improve patient outcomes all the way from disease prevention and screening to diagnosis, treatment, therapy monitoring, and disease management. Irrespective of whether the care cycle takes the patient from doctor’s office to hospital or hospital to home, or simply from one medical department to another, Philips Healthcare’s unique medical solutions are designed to optimize the quality and flow of patient information and clinical decision making.
- Attractive salary according to Philips Labour Agreement
- 25 days of paid leave
- Non-contributory pension plan
- Employed by YER and seconded to Philips, with possibility to be hired by Philips after 2 years
- Travel reimbursements
- Development opportunities
- Training opportunities
- Bachelor (hbo) or Master (wo) level in Mechanical Engineering (Wtb), Industrial Product Design (IPO) or similar
- You are familiar with design and manufacturing of mechanical constructions in plastic and metal
- You are familiar with state-of-the-art development techniques and CAD
- Preferably you are familiar with the manufacturability aspects (mould/tooling design), analysis (strength, stiffness) and drive mechanisms
- Experience with Design for Six Sigma is a plus
- You are ambitious, a team player and you have good communication skills (in writing and presentation)