Depending on knowledge and experience
Detachering via YER
Over deze vacature
If you are an (embedded) software engineer with an academic background + experience in developing automotive related software and want to contribute to the future of autonomous and cooperative driving, then this will be the ideal position for you!
As Software Engineer you will be responsible to combine the knowledge of experts from different domains into one single result, typically an embedded real-time automotive system. To design and implement these systems, you need to have an overview of the components that are required from several experts. Therefore you need to have good experience in team working, software integration and testing. It is essential to understand the user and system requirements and how to design an architecture that enables smooth integration of the functionalities to get to a successful result which is extendable in future projects.
Automotive real-time embedded systems typically rely on sensor data and actuate the braking system, engine and steering of a vehicle or interface with e.g. a cloud based system (e.g. for tooling/assessment). It is therefore essential to regard safety and security standards for safety. Additionally, testability for the whole system and its parts is essential, to speed up integration of different parts and amongst others to guarantee the safety of the result.
You will work amongst others on the requirements analysis, design, implementation and validation of software/hardware systems and tools in applied research projects for automotive OEMs and TIERs, service providers, research and governmental organizations all around the world. These projects may focus at exploring innovative solutions for a single vehicle up to systems that will be deployed for large field operational test (e.g. platooning) or at exploring innovative tools both for offline and real-time in vehicle usage. With your project team, you will make impact with innovative solutions. Good communication, cooperation, and writing skills are essential for the interaction with the team members and involved stakeholders within the department (e.g. control, prediction, testing, functional & operational safety, system engineering).
The activities of the Software Engineer consist of:
- Gathering requirements (from customers and experts);
- Setup the design of in vehicle systems;
- Setup the design of offline tools (e.g. for model-based safety engineering);
- Supporting experts to realize results given the architecture and design;
- Supporting in defining verification and validation tests and integration of components;
- Maintaining and extending the Hardware-in-the-Loop (HIL) simulators;
- Assuring that developed software components and tests may be suitable for reuse;
- Supporting and advising clients regarding implementation/integration of embedded software solutions on customer vehicles.
TNO is recognized by OEMs and TIERs all over the world as a valuable knowledge partner with unique expertise, tools and facilities. Within the department Integrated Vehicle Safety (IVS) of TNO, we work with an integral approach on topics related to Autonomous Driving and Cooperative Mobility. Multiple disciplines like Control System Design, World modelling, Motion planning, Functional & operational safety, Sensor Fusion, V2V & V2X Communication, Electronics, Software Engineering, Assessment, Tooling etc. work together to enhance the automate vehicle and traffic safety and mobility.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client DAF Trucks. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience;
- 25 free to spend holidays per year;
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organization;
- Travel expense reimbursement or leased vehicle;
- Good pension scheme;
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time;
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life;
- An open culture and clear communication;
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions.
The ideal applicant will meet the following requirements:
- MSc/PhD in Computer Science/Mechatronics/Robotics or related fields;
- 3 to 5 years of experience in software development:
- Experience in object oriented software design (C++, Python) for different platforms;
- Experience with embedded software development for automotive industry;
- Experience with embedded hardware platforms typically used in the automotive industry (ECU's);
- Experience with AUTOSAR standard software architecture;
- Understanding of basic software, runtime environment and application layer;
- Experience with coding standards as MISRA2008 for C++ or AUTOSAR for C++14;
- Experience with Linux and specifically Robot Operating System is a plus;
- Experience with porting MATLAB Simulink software to embedded targets;
- Experience with code quality analysis, code coverage analysis;
- Experience with version management and regression testing;
- Experience with modelling languages (UML/SysML), system/software architecture, design patterns.
- Willingness and ability to understand knowledge from related fields;
- Well organized, with a structured approach to activities, within given constraints;
- Convincing oral and written communication skills in English;
- Willingness to travel internationally occasionally.
Preference will be given to candidates that, in addition, have:
- Knowledge of parallel or distributed computing;
- Knowledge of automotive safety standards (ISO 26262, ASIL);
- Familiarity with automotive related control systems;
- Experience with control system design and real-time embedded systems;
- Experience with developing software with Matlab/Simulink.