€ 35,000 - € 50,000
Detachering via YER
Over deze vacature
As a design engineer you will evaluate the different appliance concepts throughout the project duration. Starting in the front-end process with the first basic requirements like appliance architecture, components to use, control elements, etc…, and then evaluate them during sample build phases. In cooperation with the other areas from the project group, it will be determine if the product is able to meet all requirements. During the next project phases additional samples will be developed, build and tested resulting in the official design release that will prove that the appliance is able to meets all internal and legal requirements.
- Mechanical design related aspects of gas fire appliances;
- Ensure fulfilment of timelines and deliverables;
- Up to date articles status in TCE and SAP;
- Introduce article numbers/BOM in SAP;
- Ensure a good communication between international locations and the internal organization;
- Constructive attitude towards changes in project or problems;
- Actively participate in a global project with numerous sites;
- Proactive behaviour inside the team.
- Participate in relevant project meetings;
- Make components specifications (sheet metal, plastic, gas connections, etc.);
- Perform tolerance calculations;
- Assist in development of new solutions including initial state idea and feasibility studies reports;
- Write findings and facts in (English) reports and archiving them in a proper way;
- Assist spare parts definition and delivery;
- Support during sample build phase;
- Review and support technical documentation;
- Participate/lead simultaneous engineering activities with suppliers and manufacturing areas;
- Handle engineering change requests during project phases;
- Ensure a proper reporting to line manager;
- Support line manager as required;
- Make use of preventive quality methods (FMEA, FTA and DRBFM) during development phase;
- Use the BES PE principles to document the system design architecture options and understand cause-effect relations;
- Participate on the relevant PGL workshops (DFMA) together with manufacturing departments and ensure the incorporation of the improvement points into the design.
- Allow to perform the activities autonomously and systematically;
- Inform lead design engineer on deviations prior to project manager or line manager;
- Escalate issues to Line Manager;
- Best practices sharing within engineering group;
- Checks reports as controller for other design engineers.
This position is a R&D group within the Engineering Department of our client. The group is responsible for the development of new and/or adjusted condensing gas appliances for the European market. We use the synergy between different competences in our group to develop the new applications. The competences are: product engineering, combustion technology, system integration, mechanical construction and industrial design.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to our client.
- Higher Vocational Education/TU level on Mechanical Engineering or equivalent;
- Strong affinity with launching products in series production;
- Knowledge from different manufacturing principles for different materials, e.g. plastics, sheet metal, die casting, bending and connection methods;
- Knowledge from materials and their applications (plastic, aluminium, sheet metal, brass);
- Creative, analytical sharpness, perseverance, and result orientated;
- Experience with 3D (UG-NX) and PDM (TCE) preferable also with SAP (not mandatory);
- Good communication skills (team player, sharing know-how and results with colleagues);
- Good level of English language written and spoken;
- German/Dutch language skills are advantageous but not required;
- Experience with complete Microsoft Office package.