Max. € 80,000
In dienst van opdrachtgever, Interim / ZZP
Manufacturing, High Tech
Over deze vacature
ENJOY PERFECTING ULTRA-EXTREME-PRECISION OPTICS SYSTEMS
Imagine perfecting an optical system where aberrations are kept to within one thousandth of the wavelength used. One where 200kg reflectors must be positioned to within an accuracy of less than one nanometer. And then repositioned every second to compensate for mill kelvin fluctuations. Imagine using a sensitivity matrix with multiple thousands of elements to calculate how to reposition those mirrors. And imagine working with a highly motivated team, dedicated to perfecting this extreme-precision instrumentation and optical system.
If you enjoy working at (and beyond) the edge of what is possible in optics, ASML is your ideal environment.
ASML is the world's leading provider of lithography systems for the semiconductor industry. Their machines use Deep Utraviolet (DUV) and Extreme Ultraviolet (EUV) light which have 193 and 13.5 nm wavelengths respectively. The necessary degree of control accuracy is so extreme and the instrumentation needed to enable that control is so complex, that ASML optics engineers need expertise in many other fields. Colleagues in physics, mechatronics, electronics, software, thermal engineering and dynamics all share their knowledge to help each other innovate. ASML is relentlessly driving the semiconductor industry’s ongoing quest for producing faster, smarter and more energy efficient chips. They have a young, dynamic, international and highly skilled workforce creating, with strong support of their suppliers, the lithographic tools the industry needs to achieve its goals.
We are looking for an optical design engineer that takes the challenge to design, test and integrate, together with the project team, ASML's optical functions.
The mission of the Design Engineer is to design, integrate & validate sustainable and reliable state of the art EUV technology. You work in a multidisciplinary team (physics, mechanics, mechatronics, software, electronics, etc.) and ensure an effective and smooth transfer to your internal customers (customer support, manufacturing). You know what your (internal) customers need, and provide (on site) support in case complex issues arise they cannot handle.
As Design Engineer you will play a key role within a multidisciplinary team that delivers EUV optical elements. You will design, implement and test EUV hardware, software, and procedures. During all this you will be cooperating with other disciplines and suppliers where it is expected that you drive design aspects, analyse system problems, and support and plan issue resolution with peers. Furthermore, you will report the progress of above activities to the main stakeholders: The team leader and architect for EUV.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model);
- Challenging assignments;
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office;
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach;
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance);
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven;
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture;
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals;
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies.
- MSc. or PhD in Physics, Mechanical or Electronic Engineering or Mechatronics with a strong background/affinity with optics (must);
- Preferably at least a few years of experience within ASML or another multidisciplinary, high tech environment with setting up product specifications, analysis and integration;
- We expect you to act as a professional;
- Be pro-active;
- Express a pragmatic ‘can-do’ mentality when solving problems;
- Take ownership of your deliverables and drive them end-to-end;
- Able to deal with an atmosphere where priorities and technical insights might change suddenly;
- Eager to develop yourself personally and technically;
- Be flexible (work, travelling).