In dienst van opdrachtgever
Over deze vacature
Do you want to be part of a fast-growing innovative international organization? Would you like to lead the European operations team to the next level?
In this position you are responsible for developing and implementing the strategy for the operations department within the overall supply chain organization and strategy. Supply Chain Operations include the European Distribution Centre in Den Bosch, the end-to-end, inbound-outbound transportation network and the in-house customs operation. As Operations Manager, you are part of the Supply Chain management team. You lead and monitor the day-to-day Supply Chain operation maintaining on time delivery to customers in a cost efficient, high quality, compliant and safe manner. In addition, you set challenging targets and proactively initiate and implement (continuous) improvement programs to ensure a best in class operation. You provide strong leadership and motivate your team members to secure good collaboration, optimal teamwork and skilled performance to guarantee the realization of current and future operations objectives. Furthermore, you are responsible for the departmental budget, reporting and supervising the end results.
A leader in the world of industrial automation.
- Master’s degree in Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Logistics Management, Industrial Engineering, Technical Business Administration - Lean Six Sigma certification or similar is a requirement
- 10+ years relevant experience:
- 5+ years leadership/team management experience in a complex warehouse environment
- 5+ years leading improvement projects in a warehouse and/or transportation (ocean, air, road) environment
- Solid experience with bonded warehousing and import-export operations is a requirement, including end responsibility for export control & compliance in operations
- Ability to develop and implement our Operations strategy including budget and objectives: think strategical and act hands on where needed
- Bring Leadership with customer focus:
- Strong personality able to inspire, lead, motive and coach direct reports (Group Leaders & Specialists) and inspire indirect reports (operators)
- Able to oversee complex operations and give direction to internal/external stakeholders (customers, suppliers, forwarders, customs authorities)
- Recognize the need of the customer beyond your immediate assignment
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of business and with good cultural awareness
- Strong people manager able to inspire, motivate and coach team members to realize objectives and manage international, x-functional teams
- Dutch and English languages are a must