Depending on knowledge and experience
Detachering via YER, Interim / ZZP
Manufacturing, High Tech
Over deze vacature
For our client DAF Trucks we are looking for an interim Financial Accounting Manager. In this position you will be responsible for the accounting issues of the financial entities in Germany. The position is based in Eindhoven, with a monthly business trip to Germany.
The Financial Accounting Manager is responsible for an accurate and timely accounting (general ledger, financial statements, taxes like VAT, corporate income taxes and other taxes etc.) of the assigned financial entities in Germany Subsidiary/Subsidiaries in accordance with local requirements and company accounting policies and procedures. Responsibilities:
- Analyse in cooperation with local legal/tax advisors the impact of changed internal and external rules, regulations and policies on business accounting in the assigned financial entities subsidiaries;
- Determine, in cooperation with the assigned Area Controller, the proper accounting treatment of complex or unusual transactions;
- Adapt tools, procedures and guidelines for accounting within the assigned financial entities subsidiaries as to make these compliant with company policies or local laws and regulations;
- Implement tools, procedures and guidelines and take care of correct use of these within the assigned financial entities subsidiaries as to ascertain compliance with financial entities policies or local laws and regulations;
- Assure adequate and correct documentation/support of transactions and reports;
- Maintain and control the general ledger of the assigned financial entities subsidiaries;
- Overall responsibility for control and execution of reconciliation of general ledger accounts for all assigned subsidiaries in accordance with company policies;
- Financial statement, tax filings and reporting to the national bank or other governmental institutions;
- Manage and facilitate the internal and external audit processes;
- Assist the Country Manager in the forecasting and budgeting cycles;
- Keep up with internal and external rules and regulations with regard to accounting in the assigned area;
- Maintain a close relationship with the assigned Country Manager and staff in order to facilitate smoothly running financial processes;
- Participate in special (improvement / automation) projects as assigned;
- Manage the execution of administrative tasks within the assigned financial entities subsidiaries by the local accounting team (1-4 persons);
- Manage an accurate and timely delivery of the month end closing for the assigned subsidiaries;
- Coordinate all statutory, tax and legal matters, including the preparation of statutory accounts.
DAF Trucks N.V. in Eindhoven is part of the PACCAR Inc., which is one of the biggest global players in the heavy-duty truck industry. The known truck brands of PACCAR are Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF. Within PACCAR Inc.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to DAF. We offer:
- Good employee benefits;
- Challenging assignment;
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office;
- Cooperative, result-oriented and relationship-driven;
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting/Business (U.K.: ACA or CIMA qualification required);
- Minimum of 5 years financial experience;
- Knowledge of local German requirements for financial reporting and taxes;
- Knowledge of financial software;
- Strong PC skills to include proficiency with Excel;
- Good knowledge of the English and German language, both verbally and in writing.