Attractive salary and fringe benefits
Detachering via YER
Medical & Health
Over deze vacature
The Centre for Diagnostic Solutions (CDS) performs more than 200 different veterinary diagnostic assays and runs a variety of diagnostic related projects in support of our (global) technical marketing organization and our research organization. The lab is divided in a diagnostic team and a project team. We are looking for a new colleague in our project team.
The project team has a broad range of tasks: introducing new assays, troubleshooting of existing assays, looking for new diagnostic tools, set-up and reporting of animal studies, organizing training sessions for customers etc.
The expertise within in this team includes a variety of techniques: immunological assays, classic biological techniques and molecular biological techniques. Tasks:
- Introduces new (veterinary diagnostic) assays. This is done either by transferring assays from R&D to the CDS, or by coordinating the development of an assay at an external partner or by developing the assay in house
- Improves/evaluates existing (commercially available) assays
- Looks for innovative veterinary diagnostic tools and techniques
- Organizes and reports animal experiments
- Maintains contacts with involved departments (e.g. global marketing, research, animal research, regulatory affair departments etc.)
- Organizes/runs training of commonly used lab techniques for customers
- Fulfils general tasks within the organization related to GLP, SHE, IT and/or laboratory activities
MSD Animal Health develops and produces vaccines and pharmaceutical specialties for livestock, companion animals and fish. We have offices in more than 50 countries, 25 production sites and sell our products in over 150 markets and operate in a network of manufacturing sites and research and development facilities around the world. Within MSD Animal Health, we are always seeking innovative talents that focus on constant improvement of our products and the way we work. We’re looking for new colleagues who are entrepreneurs and result driven. But not only results matter; how you achieve these results is crucial to be successful within MSD Animal Health as well. MSD Animal Health leads the way in veterinary pharmaceuticals.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to MSD. You shall be working with a team of international colleagues in which you can be sure of a healthy work-life balance. We will also reward your effort and achievements with an attractive salary and fringe benefits. A quick summary of our terms of employment:
- Fixed, competitive fixed salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Continuous challenging projects in the technology sector
- Intensive and personal guidance
- Opportunity to participate in a personal coaching programme.
- Bachelor/master with at least 4 years of experience in the subject area: (veterinary) diagnostics and/or assay development
- Master Laboratory Techniques associated within the areas of virology, molecular biology, serology and cell culture (e.g. ELISA, Real-time PCR, (Next generation) sequencing, cell culture etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to master new research areas and techniques is a pre-requisite
- Able to set priorities and switch between subjects in an independent way
- Good communication and documentation skills
- Experience with and proactive approach to GLP and SHE requirements
- An adequate level of English (written and spoken) is necessary
- Team player