excellent working conditions
Quality & Safety, Engineering
In dienst van opdrachtgever
Food, Feed & Pharma, Consumer Goods
Over deze vacature
For Avebe's Product Safety and Regulatory Affairs team we are recruiting for a Product Legislation Specialist.
The Product Safety and Regulatory Affairs team (part of the QESH organization) monitors and advises the organization proactively on all product related regulatory affairs.
We are looking for an experienced professional in the area of food regulatory matters. Experience with European regulations as well as US and/or Asian regions is of interest. In this position you need a good understanding of how to combine the desires of the business to sell with the needs to do so in compliance with local regulations. As a product legislation specialist you are self-motivating and stay ahead of regulatory matters that you can translate to the business. You are adept at balancing often contradictory interests without ending up in conflict.
Further you are responsible for:
- Pro-actively identify and monitor relevant regulatory developments in (selected) regions where Avebe is active.
- Give business orientated advice on how to remain compliant to regulations.
- Work effectively and responsively with product developers, marketing & sales.
- Identify upcoming regulatory matters and translate these to the needs of the business, ensure local regulatory advice is available to the business.
- Detect and escalate possible non-compliancies.
- Represent where appropriate the interests of Avebe in external commissions.
You report immediately to the QESH Director.
Avebe is a cooperative of starch-potato growers focused on the market. Traditionally they were only focused on extracting starch from potatoes. However, by developing innovative methods they now also extract proteins from potatoes that are intended for the food industry. But there is more... For them a potato is a source of opportunities with even more ingredients that can be turned into value. The slogan of Avebe is "if it’s in there, we’ll extract it!". Every day 1,350 Avebe employees work on using all the opportunities provided by potatoes to make life pleasanter, healthier and more convenient – for their clients, members, and society as a whole.
Avebe is a large employer in the North of the country. And at least as important: a good employer. Indeed, according to a survey carried out by Effectory and Intermediair they are among the best three employers in the Northern Netherlands. Avebe employees are satisfied because the results are good. There is a pleasant working atmosphere and the conditions are attractive.
The focus on innovation continuously presents new challenges. That’s why they invest substantially in training courses. At the office and in the factory, all personnel are involved. They are proud of what they do and work with passion on Avebe’s mission: extracting everything to be had. Staying fit until retirement and beyond, that doesn’t happen on its own. For that reason the vitality gateway (vitaliteitsportaal) provides all sorts of practical tips on sleep, nutrition and exercise. The balance between work and leisure is given the attention it deserves.
- MSc degree/level in a relevant discipline
- Track record of at least 3 years
- Network of relevant contacts to help provide necessary responsiveness to commercial activities
- Familiarity in working with local advisory bureaus is beneficial as Avebe sells products in many countries
Skills and attitude
- Awareness of external environment
- Balanced judgement
An assessment may be part of the procedure.