Depending on knowledge and experience
Detachering via YER, In dienst van opdrachtgever
Manufacturing, High Tech
Over deze vacature
For our client DAF Trucks, we are recruiting Vehicle Control Function Architect. This person needs to bring relevant working experience to the organisation.
The Control Function Architect is responsible to define, design and maintain the Control Function Architecture (CFA) of the complete vehicle (including different variants) based on stakeholder requirements and design constraints. The CFA describes the interaction between different vehicle functions in a functional architecture and is the basis for the Electrical and Electronic Architecture (EEA).
Your main tasks will be to define the CFA by gathering stakeholder requirements, decomposition, modelling and documentation; report status; actively review function design to safeguard overall performance; maintain and improve tools and procedures. Also, you will develop a vision and strategy w.r.t. (functional) architecture, develop, maintain and share knowledge and knowhow, keeping pace with both internal and external (innovative) developments.
You cooperate closely within a multidisciplinary team with different stakeholders, such as function owners, system owners, architects, test engineers and suppliers. You are the linking pin in these teams by defining the relation and interface between different functions as a consistent and complete CFA.
DAF Trucks N.V. in Eindhoven is part of the PACCAR Inc., which is one of the biggest global players in the heavy-duty truck industry. The known truck brands of PACCAR are Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF. Within PACCAR Inc.
The department Vehicle Control within Product Development is responsible for the definition, design and validation of feasible control concepts for vehicle functions, both in advanced technology projects as in product development projects. These functions are applied in all Paccar vehicles.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to DAF. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative, result-oriented and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- Has at least 5 years of relevant experience
- BSc or MSc background in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, preferably in the automotive domain
- Thinks in a conceptual way; in systems rather than in components
- Has an analytical mind
- Must be able to do in-depth analyses while maintaining a high level overview
- Must be able to plan and prioritize his own work efficiently
- Balances between the Key Performance Indicators (cost, functionality, performance, timing)
- Has the ability to communicate effectively
- Easily and actively approaches different stakeholders and be the connecting element
- Is proactive and takes the lead
- Has experience with MS Viso and Rhapsody or similar tools
- Preferably has experience with Matlab/Simulink
- Can fluently speak and write Dutch and English