Max. € 100,000 per year
Detachering via YER, Interim / ZZP
Over deze vacature
Key Objective of Position:
The task of the Category Manager Logistics is to carry out commercial and strategic aspects of logistics purchasing for the portfolio of items.
He/she will be allocated to procure a specific transport modality / category and works closely and in cooperation with: all stakeholders (BU) functions, such as plant management, marketing & sales management and finance as well as BU management. Next to this, he will represent the BU in the cross-functional teams and within the logistical team of AkzoNobel Sourcing headquartered in Amsterdam. The position is based at the AkzoNobel office in Arnhem, The Netherlands.
To ensure that with support from and in conjunction with stakeholders all business needs are understood with regard to purchased items. As a category buyer, develops sourcing strategies for the assigned logistics category. These strategies should be designed such that they fulfil the identified business needs and are in line with the BU Purchasing strategy. This may be done directly or working in Cross Functional Teams with others. The strategies are to be agreed by Business Management and Purchasing Management.
To seek synergy, and where appropriate, support working with other BU’s for the purchase of allocated categories. To have a broad understanding of Best Practices in related areas of business and logistic purchasing in particular.
- To evaluate and select suppliers, in conjunction with all interested parties and meeting the criteria set within the frame work of the purchasing strategy
- To develop negotiate, monitor and manage supply agreements in line with the approved/agreed source plans. This should be done within his/her responsibility as lead buyer or in case of his/her regional purchasing responsibilities on guidance from the relevant lead buyer
- To set up and manage supplier performance improvement programs where appropriate
- To investigate and monitor supply markets for the allocated categories of spending
- To develop plans for increasing (optimizing) value delivery from suppliers, in line with the sBU’s business needs
- Negotiation of new contracts/contract extensions
- Perform market relevant analysis
- Early warning/notification of significant transport price trends/changes
- Establishes both mid-and long-term agreements with Logistic suppliers
- Is responsible for the logistics implementation of the deals and contracts established with the suppliers selected all over the BU
- Manages the joint decision process for all involved businesses and sites on which transportation companies to be used
- Is responsible for the set-up, approval and evaluation system for logistic suppliers according to the BU procedures within HSE Responsible care (quality, environment and safety)
- Sets goals and targets for the suppliers in above mentioned areas
- Responsible for applying the AN Business & Procurement Principles within the contracts and in relation with suppliers
- Make and analyse reports for management and other organizational parts
International leading global paints and coatings company and major producer of specialty chemicals.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to Akzo Nobel. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Minimum 5 years relevant working experience in either a Procurement, Business Development or logistics perspective
- Experience with various transport modalities (e.g. liquid bulk road, ocean transportation, road packed)
- Solid understanding of international up/downstream logistics preferably within the Chemicals Industry or alternatively 3PL Logistics
- Experience with supply chain/logistics network optimization
- Has experience with logistics/transportation sustainability initiatives
Skills and requirements:
- Minimum Bachelor degree
- Language skills: fluent in English, additional languages are an asset
- Special requirements/skills: capability of working in a cross-cultural setting, strong knowledge of PC applications, working knowledge of SAP/BW is highly desired