Max. € 80/hour (zzp), € 100,000/year (contract)
Detachering via YER, Interim / ZZP
Consultancy & HR
Over deze vacature
The Category Management team has about 10 employees and are led by two Heads of Category Management, they report to the Director Category Management. The goal of Category Management is to ensure continuous product availability for current and future programmes worldwide and to maintain a good relationship with suppliers, including product development and phase-out decisions. Category Management also maintains intensive contact with the National Sales Offices regarding pricing and the execution of the various programmes and plays a coordinating role in developing the right sales pitches.
The main areas in category management are as follows:
- Retention Brands
- Individual global Category Brand box
- Relationship/account management programmes/brands
- Product approval
- Coordination of pricing an programme set up
- Legal Contracts (execution and extension) for brands
- Product internal marketing
- Market trends/Consumer research
- Stock and stock turnover
The team manages a total of 15 categories comprising 45 brands. For each brand, a limited number of products are used in programmes for a longer period of time.
The suppliers are divided into 2 main groups:
- Umbrella Brands
- Regular Brands: 25 well-known names
The products which are sold in the programmes are determined in close consultation with the supplier/brand and sales, based on local market knowledge. This requires in-depth knowledge of consumer preferences in the various markets:
Coordinating the development of the sales pitch together with your colleagues of Product and Brand Development, Brand Marketing, Logistics, Operations and Sales. Together you successfully implement your concept in a loyalty programme.
Negotiating contracts and agreements with suppliers/brands for the brand you are responsible for.
Managing supplier relations with regards to price, product assortment, stock. Ensure that suppliers/brands are delivering as agreed.
Acquiring and maintaining in-depth knowledge of consumer preferences in the various markets. Understanding consumer preferences and identifying specific brands and product mix for these markets. Supporting sales by providing in-depth information on appropriate supplier brands and products.
Account management for one key supplier/brand. Optimising the organization – supplier/brand relation.
Our client is an international company, which helps their customer with their loyalty promotions.
"How do you turn customers into loyal customers and at the same time increase the spending of your existing loyal customers? The loyalty promotion is a powerful - if not the most powerful - way in the marketing mix of (food) retailers. A loyalty promotion brings substantial additional sales to your customers. During a promotional period, the turnover increases by an average of 3 to 7% towards the end of the campaign, when customers come to redeem their 'reward'. The extra revenue comes mainly from existing customers, especially from primary customers."
Temporary role with 2 options:
- Contract at YER: max. € 90,000/year, 8% holiday allowance, company car (when needed)
- Zzp-construction: max. € 80/hour
The category manager is passionate about building successful partnerships with suppliers/brands. He/She is always on the lookout for achieving win-win situations for the organization and their suppliers. He/She is a people person and is able to successfully manage both internal and external stakeholders. He/She is genuine, enthusiastic and proactive, and shares the four key values: Authentic, Reliable, Challenging and Passionate.
- Higher educational background; business degree in business management or related field
- Experience within an international Product and/or Category or Account Management position in FMCG or Retail
- A track record in building and maintaining successful partnerships with strategic suppliers and customers: internally as well as externally
- Goal getter mentality with a solution oriented/ problem solving attitude
- Strong analytical skills with hands on mentality; able to translate data into concepts and eventually sales arguments
- Good communicator and influencer, open and proactive at all levels
- Excellent in English, both verbal and written
- Willing to travel