Depending on knowledge and experience
Detachering via YER, In dienst van opdrachtgever
Over deze vacature
For our client DAF Trucks, we are recruiting a Domain Lead Engineer Fuel Economy and C02 Simulations. This challenging position requires several years of relevant experience.
In this role as Domain Lead Engineer Fuel Economy and CO2 simulations, you will perform a leading role in the advanced numerical simulations with respect to Fuel Economy and CO2 to support the development in new vehicle projects within the Technical Analysis group. This department consists of a team with 15 specialists, responsible for the numerical verification and validations of new vehicle concepts and vehicle designs within the Product Development division. By means of simulations, new developments on vehicle and system level are evaluated and optimized for different vehicle performance aspects: Fuel Economy and CO2 emission, Aerodynamics, thermodynamics, NVH, Vehicle Handling, Crash Safety, Durability. These simulations support the design process from the first concept ideas to the final validation and sign-off of the truck design.
In this function the focus of the development is on fuel economy improvement of the powertrain by including and optimizing hybrid/electrification functionality, improving longitudinal controls functions, improving efficiency of different driveline components, aerodynamics, platooning, optimized energy management.
As Domain Lead Engineer Fuel Economy and CO2 you are responsible for:
- Defining and managing simulations plans on Fuel Economy & CO2 emissions of a total vehicle project (verification & validation plans) and partly performing simulations and analyses on Fuel Economy, CO2 emissions and driveline performance yourself
- Aligning the deliverables and activities in these verification and validation plans with the different stakeholders within the Technical Analysis and other Product Development departments
- Maintaining the capability knowledge by following the new technologies in the field of Fuel Economy and alternative driveline (simulations)
- Introducing and implementing new methods and processes with respect to route simulations at DAF and other PACCAR divisions
- Processing the analyses to conclusions and design recommendations including reporting on technical as well as management level
DAF Trucks N.V. in Eindhoven is part of the PACCAR Inc., which is one of the biggest global players in the heavy-duty truck industry. The known truck brands of PACCAR are Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF. Within PACCAR Inc.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to DAF. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative, result-oriented and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Master Degree (in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical or Automotive/Aerospace Engineering, Applied Physics)
- Proven affinity/experience with Automotive Technology
- Experience in numerical simulations on powertrain/energy management is a must
- Good analytic skills
- Knowledge and experience with Matlab/Simulink is a must
- Effective communication in both verbal and written form - in Dutch and English language
- Ability to collaborate well in teams; working with a high level of enthusiasm
- A proactive workstyle, accountable, accurate and self-organizing