Depending on knowledge and experience
Detachering via YER
Over deze vacature
We are looking for an ambitious Hardware Lead Engineer with profound automotive and embedded electronics knowledge. Together with the Product Owner and the Control System Architect you’ll work on our next generation powertrain controller for engine and after treatment functions. This controller will be used for all PACCAR engines that are applied by DAF and all other Paccar brands (Kenworth/Peterbilt) world-wide.
As Hardware Lead Engineer you are responsible for the following tasks:
- Definition and management of hardware and base software requirements throughout the development cycle and after release to production (SOP)
- Coordination of validation activities, support in defect analysis and resolution planning with appropriate stakeholders
- Creation of development deliverables according DAF Product Creation Process (PCP)
- Alignment with all internal and external stakeholders (e.g. Software Team, Marketing, After Sales, Manufacturing, Purchasing and Supplier)
- Prepare system documentation for release to Manufacturing and After Sales
DAF Trucks N.V. in Eindhoven is part of the PACCAR Inc. which is one of the biggest global players in the heavy duty truck industry. The known truck brands of PACCAR are Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF. Within the PACCAR Group Inc.
The department Embedded Engineering is responsible for the development of electronic vehicle systems. The foundations of these systems (hardware and base software) are developed together with various automotive suppliers. The appropriate application software is defined and implemented by a dedicated software team within Embedded Engineering.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client DAF Trucks. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 free to spend holidays per year
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organization
- Travel expense reimbursement or leased vehicle
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
For this position, we are looking for candidates with the following background:
- Bachelor/Master in Electrical Engineering or Automotive Technology
- 5+ years of experience in Embedded Systems development and knowledge of
- ECU and PCB (Printed Circuit Board) design and industrialization
- AUTOSAR principles and guidelines for Automotive safety (ISO 26262)
- In-vehicle communication (CAN/LIN/Ethernet) and Diagnostics (UDS)
- Development processes (SPICE/CMMI) and methods (Design For Six Sigma)
- Hands-on experience with circuit or harness simulators (e.g. Spice and Saber Design)
- The ideal candidate has experience as an electrical engineer in an OEM
- Strong in communication and collaboration across different groups having varying levels of expertise and skills
- Competences to plan and organize all work packages related to your system and monitor progress during development (internal and from/towards supplier)
- Fluent English language required, Dutch verbal and written preferred.
In this role you’ll be reporting to the supervisor of the Hardware team and the responsible Product owner (Project/Line matrix organization).