Attractive salary and fringe benefits
Detachering via YER
Over deze vacature
The energy sector and the (chemical) industry are in a transition towards: the use of new feedstock, the use of renewable energy, process and energy efficiency, introduction of circularity and, of course, carbon capture and re-use. The group Sustainable Process & Energy Systems works on these transitional topics.
Some typical projects/programs we are working on:
- Hydrogen as a carbon-free fuel and feedstock: www.sintef.no/projectweb/elegancy/
- Carbon capture and carbon (re)use technology development and piloting: www.alignccus.eu
- New energy storage solutions (heat and electricity) in the build environment www.scores-project.eu
- Electrification of the industry: www.voltachem.com
- Biomass valorisation: biogas as a fuel and feedstock, biomass conversion to aromatics: www.biorizon.eu
Within our group we are looking for a junior lab technician who wants to work on the topic of Energy Conversion & Storage.
- You have a hands-on mentality, and are very comfortable with working in a lab
- You can work independently in lab environment
- You are able to set up measurement equipment for tests and performing, analysing and reporting the experiments
- You are comfortable in maintaining, repairing and upgrading laboratory set-ups
- You are safety conscious and accurate
- A drive to develop innovative solutions to technically challenging problems by combining the right mix of intellectual curiosity and a pragmatic approach
- Good interpersonal skills and proactive communication.
TNO's core technical expertise is Gas- Treatment and Conversion, Separation technologies, Bio-based Building Block synthesis and Energy Conversion & Storage. We work for- and with (renewable) energy and chemistry companies and in a network of international knowledge partners.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to TNO. You shall be working with a team of international colleagues in which you can be sure of a healthy work-life balance. We will also reward your effort and achievements with an attractive salary and fringe benefits. A quick summary of our terms of employment:
- Fixed, competitive fixed salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Continuous challenging projects in the technology sector
- Intensive and personal guidance
- Opportunity to participate in a personal coaching programme.
The ideal applicant would have the following background:
- You have a B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Process Technology, Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- You have at least 3 years of industrial working experience in a laboratory environment or similar
- You understand the challenges of developing technology that needs to be scaled up
- You have a good mastery of the English language, both verbal and written
- Having affinity with chemistry, experience with Labview and pressurized and vacuum systems is a plus
- Limitations: We are looking for a fulltime employee