Max. € 60,000
Detachering via YER
Over deze vacature
The Structural Engineer is responsible for the design analysis of heavy duty gas turbine components in order to validate the life of the design and or possible changes to the design on the applicable component(s).
The essential functions of the job include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Utilize finite element techniques to perform static, vibratory, and thermal analysis for both linear and nonlinear analyses;
- Link thermal, mechanical and vibratory finite element solutions to produce life calculations, e.g. low cycle fatigue (LCF), high cycle fatigue (HCF), and thermomechanical fatigue (TMF) calculations;
- Provide timely analytical solutions to evaluate mechanical configurations from a structural/lifting viewpoint;
- Develop structural improvements to components, together with the engineering team;
- Develop components for lifetime calculation algorithms for LCF, HCF, and TMF predictions;
- Verification/benchmarking of analytical results to test data/instrumentation in order to fine-tune the analysis techniques;
- Present recommendations to internal and external customers, including both technical and managerial communities;
- Research and advice about new potential development and innovation opportunities;
- Build and maintain relations with third parties (suppliers, parent/sister companies);
- Cooperate with the Engineering group of companies in the Ansaldo Group;
- Provide technical support to the commercial department.
Our client is active in multi-platform OEM gas turbine power plants. An internationally oriented organization with a dynamic and informal working environment.
- A competing remuneration package
M.Sc. in Mechanical/Aeronautical/Marine Engineering with equivalent experience The position requires.
Additional Training Required
- Turbomachinery or Gas Turbine Technology;
- Material Science;
- Fully proficient in Dutch and English.
- 5 years in a similar role and/or equivalent technical experience;
- A very strong working knowledge of the Structures/Mechanical Integrity discipline, with a primary emphasis on Heavy Duty Gas Turbine Rotors and secondary emphasis on Mechanical Design capability a high-level of working knowledge of analytical tools and support the application of design methods through the growth of the technical discipline;
- Familiarity with Turbomachinery and or Gas Turbines;
- Familiarity with Finite Element Methods, including theory, techniques, and industry-standard software packages, i.e. Abaqus, ANSYS, etc.;
- Familiarity with high temperature alloys and component lifetime methodologies;
- Hands-on experience with new part manufacturing, serviced parts, and field issues especially on rotating structures;
- Proficiency in 3D CAD, MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project.
- Strong analytic and design decision making abilities;
- Strong verbal and written communications and human relations skills;
- Interpersonal skills and team player;
- Capitalize on technical and professional know-how;
- Maximum empowerment and commitment to quality;
- Demonstrate adaptability;
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
Please contact me for further information.