Depending on experience
Detachering via YER
Over deze vacature
We are looking for a Data Engineer!
As a data engineer, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and testing software for data visualization and dashboards. The main focus will be to translate raw data into humanly readable graphical representation, doing this in close collaboration with functional engineers.
You will communicate and collaborate with other team members and stakeholders in developing new applications. You will be challenged by applying a good design process in an agile SW development environment.
The core of the work will entail the definition of usable representations and models of data in the form of dashboards. Next to that, you will be following a UCD process, meaning you’ll need to understand the problem in a specific semi-conductor domain, gather user requirements and translate technical requirements into user needs. In addition that you will help defining workflows in close collaboration with product architects, customer service and development and engineering (D&E).
Deliverables and activities:
- Design describing the flow
- Deliver an holistic application, meaning: Dashboards including R code, Unit Tests, Test Results
- Activity: work in an Agile SW development environment heavily technology driven company
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Bachelor or Master Degree in computing science, mathematics, or equivalent
- 2+ years of R programming and data visualization and dashboards (Spotfire, Tableau, QlickView)
- Affinity with testing both at the unit and system levels
- Good experience with algorithm and optimization
- Java Front End experience is a plus
- You are an effective communicator who is willing to prove yourself in a company with highly talented and opinionated individuals
- You are able to act fast and pragmatically while keeping the high level overview, you keep a positive mind-set regardless of the challenges that lay ahead of you
- Your portfolio will exhibit high calibre work and multi-platform projects
You exhibit the following skills:
- Strong analytical, creative and visual skills
- Working knowledge of software development processes
- Experience with responsive design for applications desktop, laptop and product embedded monitors
- Experience with data visualization
- Collaborative team player
- Self-Motivated, pro-active thinker
- Proficiency in English