Attractive salary and fringe benefits
Detachering via YER
Over deze vacature
Signalling pathways play an important role in the development of a normal cell into a cancer cell. In our project, we develop a molecular test to detect aberrant activity of signalling pathway causing tumours to proliferate.
Currently we are looking for a lab technician with hands on experience with RT-qPCR assays and RNA/DNA extraction methods to strengthen the team. You’re challenge would be to support the project in the lab conform standard operating procedures and to report on your results in lab journals, reports and project team meetings.
Experience of working in a development setting would be advantageous.
The Precision and Decentralized Diagnostics (P&DDx) department of Philips Research is working on innovative solutions in cancer diagnosis, cardiovascular disease detection and digital pathology. Projects in this department are mainly targeting attractive healthcare applications new to Philips for the Emerging Business Areas and HealthTech Incubator. In case of this vacancy the applicant will be in the research team working closely together with the Molecular Pathway Diagnostics venture.
With a growing presence in cardiology, oncology, and women's health, Philips operates in the areas of Imaging Systems, Patient Care & Clinical Informatics, Home Healthcare and Customer Services. Philips combines its clinical expertise and human insights to create innovative solutions across the continuum of care, in partnership with clinicians and our customers, to provide better value and expand access to care for millions. Our teams are working hard every day to improve patient outcomes all the way from disease prevention and screening to diagnosis, treatment, therapy monitoring, and disease management. Irrespective of whether the care cycle takes the patient from doctor's office to hospital or hospital to home, or simply from one medical department to another, Philips Healthcare's unique medical solutions are designed to optimize the quality and flow of patient information and clinical decision making.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to Philips. You shall be working with a team of international colleagues in which you can be sure of a healthy work-life balance. We will also reward your effort and achievements with an attractive salary and fringe benefits. A quick summary of our terms of employment:
- Fixed, competitive fixed salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Continuous challenging projects in the technology sector
- Intensive and personal guidance
- Opportunity to participate in a personal coaching programme
- Inspiring master classes
- Specialised training courses or a complete training programme
- Bachelor (HBO) degree is preferred or MLO with 3 years of relevant professional experience
- Background in molecular biology
- Hands-on experience in RT-qPCR and RNA/DNA extraction is a must-have
- Accurate and precise
- Affinity with documentation
- Team player
- Reporting in English (orally and in writing)