Detachering via YER
Over deze vacature
Challenging assignment at one of the most high-tech companies in the world.
The IT division supports information management, infrastructure and key business processes across ASML. The ICT infrastructure, hardware and applications are absolutely mission-critical for almost all ASML’s internal and external activities.
The Technical Application Manager/Architect is a key-role in the application services organization of IT. He or she owns the system landscape from an application point of view (System Landscape Owner). He or she drives optimization and standardization designing the connection between application and infrastructure and works with internal and external service providers to realize these goals. This includes ensuring that the infrastructural roadmap is developed in a sustainable and integral manner.
The Technical Application Manager is shaping technology and processes in a high performing organization with business stakeholders, IT and internal/external service providers to achieve operational excellence.
He or she is closing the gap between the application layer (service management) and the technical infrastructure layer. Assuring the serviceability and maintainability of the owned system landscape.
Key area of Responsibilities:
· Creates a high-level strategy and design view for the set of products and technologies in the owned system landscape portfolio.
· Identifies opportunities to modify or update the technical architecture by optimizing trade-offs between life-cycles of individual applications and infrastructure components.
· Analyses the current technical application layer setup to detect critical deficiencies and recommends solutions for improvement.
· Works closely with infrastructure and application service providers on designs of new capabilities that adhere to technology and system architectural guidelines.
· Drafts and reviews high level technical design documents. Owns the high-level design of the infrastructure hosting the application from a functional perspective.
· Takes the lead in proposing and executing solutions for structural problems in the application portfolio related to performance and application installation/configuration.
· Promotes standardization and re-use of technical application solutions.
· Ensures smart integration of application frameworks with the application servers.
· Supports to align and facilitate technical strategy with business objectives.
· In projects: delivers infrastructure solutions for the Competence Centers.
· In Operations & Infrastructure: engages external infrastructure service providers and internal infrastructure experts and organizes the delivery of the required solutions.
Tasks (not comprehensive):
· Act as the linking pin between internal and external infrastructure and application service providers and the IT Competence Centers delivering projects and functional changes.
· Create technical designs of functional and non-functional changes of applications.
· Define LCM policies, roadmap and calendar.
· Supervise, control and validate the installation, upgrading and (daily) maintenance of applications (including LCM)
· Supervise and control technical application monitoring and alerting (technical operations control center).
· Support in software selections.
· Act as team lead for group of Technical Application Managers working in Application Services.
o Set annual targets, review and assess performance
o Develop team
o Manage capacity and allocate work packages
o Recruit new staff
· Empowered to make decisions within the provided budget related to the owned system landscape.
· Empowered to make decisions regarding the owned system landscape improvements and quality within agreed boundaries.
· Empowered to approve emergency changes for the owned system landscape.
· In case of escalation (not limited to Priority 2 incidents) to act upon End-2-End ownership cross delivery teams (fix first settle later).
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Master level or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· 10+ years of experience in relevant business and/or IT roles and at least 7 years of experience as a Technical Application Manager (of equivalent) on senior level.
· Primary domain: PLM tooling for Design & Engineering.
· Thorough understanding and practical experience with:
o Technical Application Management (SLO) key areas of responsibility (see above).
o Risk and control frameworks like SoX, CobIT, ISO and financial processes like forecast, budget and charge-out regime (including
· ITIL processes, esp. availability, disaster recovery/continuity.
· Specific for this Technical Application Manager position:
o 5+ years of experience as team leader / manager.
o Designing and implementing end-2-end monitoring solutions.
o Designing state of the art and best practice based disaster recovery / business continuity architecture.
· Thinking strategically, creatively and innovative.
· Good customer focus and customer facing skills.
· Taking and driving ownership.
· Shows initiative and problem-solving attitude.
· Excellent presentation and communication skills and proficiency in the English language.
· Challenges self and invests energy in order to achieve optimum results, even in critical settings and beyond own area of expertise.
· Stays focused in highly demanding circumstances and maintains personal effectiveness despite barriers, set-backs or in situations of high uncertainty; proactively adapts plans and behaviours to remain flexible and open to change.
Context of the position:
The Technical Application Manager is working within the IT Operations & Infrastructure department reporting to the Manager Application Services. The Technical Application Manager is closely working together with both relevant Competence Center Managers, business and IT stakeholders.