Attractive salary and fringe benefits
Research & Development
Detachering via YER
Over deze vacature
We seek an enthusiastic Research Engineer/Scientist who can contribute significantly to research activities that comply to the industrial product development needs for Philips Oral Healthcare. Candidate will be tasked with carrying out In-vitro and In-vivo activities that support both short and long-term OHC interests. In-vitro efforts can be in the form of cultivation and the subsequent removal of biofilms, while In-vivo efforts could be in the form of testing prototypes on volunteers. Past experience is not required, provided that candidate is capable of quickly mastering new skills and generate new ideas to strengthen the IP portfolio for the OHC domain. Main activities require understanding of biology, physics/mechanics.
Philips Research is a global organization that helps Philips introduce meaningful innovations that improve people’s lives. They provide technology options for innovations in the area of health and well-being, targeted at both developed and emerging markets. Positioned at the front-end of the innovation process, they work on everything from spotting trends and ideation to proof of concept and – where needed – first-of-a-kind product development. For more insights you can visit: www.research.philips.com
The Oral Healthcare department of Philips Research is focused on long-term winning innovations in the field of Oral Healthcare for Philips. Their mission is to deliver the best performance over lifetime, endorsed by professionals. The department is based on the High Tech Campus, Eindhoven, The Netherlands and consists of both junior and seasoned professionals. The research team is highly multidisciplinary, covering among others (oral) microbiology, chemistry, physics and software. The eventual candidate will be allocated to two crucial projects focusing on both short and long-term research questions.
In your role, you will be based at Philips Research Eindhoven on the High Tech Campus in the Netherlands. You will report to the department manager of the Oral Healthcare Research Group. As research engineer/scientist in the Oral Healthcare department, your key areas of responsibility will be:
- Independently plan and carryout industrial research in the area of oral health
- Draw conclusions from obtained results and recommend next steps in written reports or oral presentations
- (Co)-write internal approval requests for In-vitro/In-vivo studies and ensuring timely delivery of trustworthy results
- Stay up-to-date with regard to relevant technical developments (internal & external)
- Generate new relevant ideas
- Collaborate with colleagues from different disciplines (physics, chemistry, biology, etc.)
With a growing presence in cardiology, oncology, and women's health, Philips operates in the areas of Imaging Systems, Patient Care & Clinical Informatics, Home Healthcare and Customer Services. Philips combines its clinical expertise and human insights to create innovative solutions across the continuum of care, in partnership with clinicians and our customers, to provide better value and expand access to care for millions. Our teams are working hard every day to improve patient outcomes all the way from disease prevention and screening to diagnosis, treatment, therapy monitoring, and disease management. Irrespective of whether the care cycle takes the patient from doctor's office to hospital or hospital to home, or simply from one medical department to another, Philips Healthcare's unique medical solutions are designed to optimize the quality and flow of patient information and clinical decision making.
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. YER is preferred supplier. You will be employed by YER and seconded to Philips.
Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- A competitive salary depending on experience
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, training and coaching
- Healthy work-life balance
To be successful as Research Engineer or Scientist you need to be/have:
- A BSc or MSc degree in Applied/Biomedical sciences or another relevant area providing solid foundations in Biology and Physics
- A strong affinity with Mechanics and or Engineering
- A mandatory certification in Biosafety (Safe Microbiological Techniques)
- Experience with DfSS (Green belt certified or willing)
- Capable of assimilating knowledge on short term
- Technical insight
- Realizes the importance of IP-protection
- Willing to carry out lab activities in the foreseeable 3year horizon
- Proficient in English (writing and communication (English due to an international team)
- Embody our research growth culture and the Philips values in continuous improvement
- Interest and passion for industrial research and bringing (consumer) Healthcare products to market
- A team player mentality